Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alicia Keys funked up

Have followed Theo's 'How hard is it to play around in some Latin Music' thread with interest, and I think this relates. These cats might not literally appear to have 'authentic' funk credentials, but man they take Alicia's tired arrangement to another level. Sure, maybe it's not the sleaziest funk out there, but these guys are enjoying the hell out of their playing - and there's no denying that groove when you can't sit still. Just inspiring to me.

[video:youtube]

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God I hate that bass tone. I wouldn't call it funk necessarily but a really good cover. It's good they are having fun.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Sounded pretty cool on laptop speakers. They are all leaving some "air", there's a certain discipline to that, admirable.

I was trying to suss out the guitar, with such a slender neck all the way up it looks to me like a vintage German piece but I don't recognize the logo.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I was trying to suss out the guitar, with such a slender neck all the way up it looks to me like a vintage German piece but I don't recognize the logo.

Thinking that's Ryan Lerman's 1960 Harmony Meteor. (Reverb gear list in the video description.)

Thanks, that makes sense. Some of the Harmony guitars from that era have "pencil" necks as well.

Not for me, I have huge hands but any guitar somebody likes is a great guitar in my book. It sounds good, all you need.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.