Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Courtney faces a felony

Courtney Love is becoming someone for whom I have more pity than annoyance. She literally has no money, per a recent Rolling Stone article. She had to borrow cash from the writer to get lunch.

As of today, she's expected to turn herself in for an alleged felony assault. She beat a woman with a bbottle and a metal flashlight, and is being charged with ADW. Bail is expected at $55,000, and she may have to actually serve some time up front (unlike most celebrities).

I'm not saying she doesn't deserve it. But it's always a little more sad to see people fall and keep on falling.

- Jeff

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little jail time and a court enforced drug rehab / anger management / psych treatment program might actually even save her life.

I find it hard to believe she has no money. She probably got all of Kurt's estate. I hope some of it went into a trust fund for their child.

But anyway, she needs some serious help, and she definitely needs to want to change. Without that, intervention will probably not work.

Very sad. :(

Originally posted by YaCaBaby:

Excuse my ignorance :rolleyes: but i'm english but what is ADW

Those english people....you have to explain EVERYTHING to them! :rolleyes:

Actually, I didn't know about the ADW, or the GBH, or even the LOL.

Enough with the acronyms already! They get me so PO'ed! :D

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

brakka sez:

how she says she lost the money

This runs a lot like Fox News. Kinda repeats the same thing over and over in different words, but without going into any detail.

In any event, if ppl were taking hundreds of thousands of dollars from her on a constant basis over several years, and she hadn't realized it until just recently, well.... poo on her.

I dunno what to say.

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

8 is gr8 sez:

quote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Brakka:

How she says she lost the money

Uh, yeah....maybe.

But what makes me think that THIS is probably a more accurate possibility???

ding ding ding ding!! I think we have a winner!

Those english people....you have to explain EVERYTHING to them!

Enough with the acronyms already! They get me so PO'ed!

Yeah really... always confusing the President's English and all. Good thing we let that colony go :D

WWND?

From Rolling Stone:

The last six months have been particularly brutal, even by Love's standards of high drama. From every side, the walls seem to be closing in on her. Financially, she has been fleeced so badly that she's facing foreclosure on her homes in New York and Los Angeles, she barely has enough money to eat and her car has been repossessed. She says she recently spent a weekend in her loft sorting through eighty boxes of financial records. Love claims her accounts have been drained; in addition, she says she never saw a penny of the advance that Virgin paid for her new album.

Love hands me paper after paper as evidence, including a tiny white scrap which shows that $2 million has been withdrawn from a deposit account and applied as a reduction to a loan she says she never took out. She is so bad off that she actually has to ask me for $100 to buy some books on fraud-busting (not to mention another $20 when she runs out to get dessert and another $20 to cover some takeout -- she asks if all these costs will be covered by Rolling Stone as story expenses).

One of her creditors, who spoke on condition of anonymity, confirmed the situation: "She has not lost her mind about any of this [financial] stuff. What I'm seeing are things that make me upset personally."

"They're about to repossess the house of his mom," Love continues, referring to Cobain's mother, Wendy O'Connor, "and some of his ashes are there. The rest are in the bank vault. Any person will tell you, this is fucking bad. I've got no place to put him. I may put him in the wind, but people need to have someplace to go to see him. Now that they're all over him after fucking ten years, you'd think someone would do something."

And now, assault with a deadly weapon. She still isn't finished facing other charges from last fall and before. I think she's going down hard.

- Jeff

Originally posted by phaeton:

8 is gr8 sez:

quote:

Originally posted by Brakka:

How she says she lost the money

Uh, yeah....maybe.

But what makes me think that THIS is probably a more accurate possibility???

ding ding ding ding!! I think we have a winner!

Those english people....you have to explain EVERYTHING to them!

Enough with the acronyms already! They get me so PO'ed!

Yeah really... always confusing the President's English and all. Good thing we let that colony go :D

Na Na me ole mucker...don't cha meen er majis english? (in a cockney accent, is it working?) :D

True cockney me! unda de Bow Bells and all dat! ;)

Na Na me ole mucker...don't cha meen er majis english? (in a cockney accent, is it working?)

True cockney me! unda de Bow Bells and all dat!

Goddamn I love you Brits! :D

I really mean that, too.

WWND?

Actually, I like Courney, the girl's got spirit. It'd be interesting to hang out with her for awhile, if she lived anywhere near my neighborhood. Maybe someday she'll move to Ohio, and we can hang out making some music. That is, if the system ever lets her go. Being hard up for money is a way of life and a very normal thing around here. Hope she gets thru it all, alright, and I would like to hear her side of the story, before making any judgement.

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

What she needs is rehab - badly! After someone is arrestted for getting drunk and/or stoned on hard drugs and causing problems because of it for the 20th time, I have a hard time feeling sorry for them. Especially when she doesn't take any of it seriously like showing up to court dates hours late or joking about having fun going through rehab while having her daughter tag along.

Why shouldn't she party like a rock star, she IS a rock star.

Hopefully, she get a good lawyer and sue the pants off everyone who ripped her. I'd still like to hear her version of what happened. Most people don't attack others, unless provoked.

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

Archived