Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

James Taylor's "October Road"

Does anybody here know what Fillipetti used for his signal paths recording October Road?

I have never heard drums and bass sound sooo clear and warm! Absolutely ANY info regarding this would be greatly appreciated (even reverse engineering, for those of you with "Golden Ears".... Craig?).

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I can't help you...but, let me say, a couple years ago when it first came out...KTBG (Central Missouri State's station) was playing "September Grass". I (rarely for me) immediately snagged the CD. It's just one of those CDs that make you kick back and go "Ahhhhh" :D

:thu:

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I always confuse October Road with Hourglass.

One was recorded with a Yammy OR2 incuding the use of its pres. I recall a piece on this in mix mag a couple years back.

The other was recorded at the Studio at Linden Oaks - right here in Rochester NY.

However, i have never seen a equipment list on this.

This topic came up a few months back and i think there were some replies that might help you out.

Here is one link: http://www.musicplayer.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=004688

Check out some tunes here:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/KenFava

Originally posted by Kendrix:

[QB]I always confuse October Road with Hourglass.

One was recorded with a Yammy OR2 incuding the use of its pres. I recall a piece on this in mix mag a couple years back.

The other was recorded at the Studio at Linden Oaks - right here in Rochester NY.

However, i have never seen a equipment list on this.

Keyplayer: "Hourglass" was the one recorded on the 02R. So I guess the Linden Oaks studio is the one I'm looking for. Do you know the name of that studio? Do they have a website?

Originally posted by Keyplayer:

Keyplayer: "Hourglass" was the one recorded on the 02R. So I guess the Linden Oaks studio is the one I'm looking for. Do you know the name of that studio? Do they have a website?

The Studios at Linden Oaks is owned by Jay Advertising here in Rochester. (Linden Oaks is an office complex.) It's in the lower level of their office building. They produce outstanding music; if you see a national Buick commercial, it's their music behind it. The facility is nice enough to live very comfortably there. The work on the James Taylor album most likely came about from James' connection with one of our local drummers. Some guy named Gadd.

This is a BUMP. This is only a BUMP. Had this been a real reply, you would have been...

You know how you're s'pose to listen to examples of good recordings to help you achieve something similar? Well, any of JT's albums would work for me. I'm interested in the processes and equipment that were used, and after Keyplayer's description, I need to pick up "October Road".

-ml

Rubber Lizard Studio

Archived