Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Covid - reaction to Georgia opening

TommyRude

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally off topic, if you've never seen the original film that this came from (Der Untergang, Downfall in English), you should. It's chilling.

Bruno Ganz, the guy who played Hitler, has gone on record saying that he's a tiny bit insulted at everyone making fun of one of the best dramatic performances in his career, but he has to admit that making fun of Hitler isn't a bad thing. (He's Austrian, and people who had heard Hitler in their younger days say that his accent and speech patterns were terrifyingly real.)

This is the climactic moment of the movie, when Hitler's armor of wilful ignorance about the desperation of his situation is torn down and he suffers a near-psychotic break in front of his generals, blaming them for the failure of the war.

This link is to the original scene; turn on CC if your German isn't that good....

[video:youtube]

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Funnily enough, I had just noticed that Downfall was streaming for free on Amazon Prime right now. I said to a buddy of mine that I"d love to see it, but after 10+ years of 'Hitler Reacts' memes, I don"t know if could get through that scene straight without chortling...

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

Oh the days of Hitler reactions vids. As has already been said, definitely watch Downfall, it is incredible. I even did one of the reaction vids when Google Plus launched (remember that?), it has over 130K views now which I find endlessly amusing.

[video:youtube]