Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ari Hoenig�s book on Polyrhythm and Metric Modulation

Hi,

Has anyone here studied the contents of 'Intro to Polyrhythms: Contracting and Expanding Time Within Form by Ari Hoenig and Johannes Weidenmueller' ? If yes, I"d like to hear of your experience.

I"ve just started 2 weeks ago and it"s fun and challenging.

Alternatively, if anyone wants a study buddy on this topic, then PM me.

Darren

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't read this book, but as a lay fan of both types of metric modulation, would be grateful for any perspectives you would share as you read it. Here's a favorite treat from your awesome compatriots Virgil and Junior ... :thu::taz::love:

[video:youtube]

Hi,

Has anyone here studied the contents of 'Intro to Polyrhythms: Contracting and Expanding Time Within Form by Ari Hoenig and Johannes Weidenmueller' ? If yes, I"d like to hear of your experience.

I studies that a bit some years ago. I was wanting to look at it again a few weeks back (lockdown has enabled some extra practice time) but couldn't find it. There was a dvd as well I remember, probably on youtube somewhere. I didn't find it that useful for me I remember although I enjoyed the concepts and love Ari's music.

I know about Ari Hoenig, but did not know about the book. Thanks for that - it looks nice and also comes with downloadable videos.

I can"t be a study buddy, but if you want more detailed video explanations check out Ari"s lessons on Rhythm Training on My Music Masterclass: https://www.mymusicmasterclass.com/premiumvideos/ari-hoenig-rhythm-training-for-musicians-masterclass-bundle/