Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I sang with Prince at the Staples Center!!!

And so did 19,000 other people! :D

Cool show, lousy acoustics/sound, great performance. Some curious medleys of cover songs. Prince doing "Whole Lotta Love", too.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I played with Vinnie Colaiutta once too... he was at the main stage of the M-Audio's booth at the NAMM and I was in one of the small stages demoing LIVE, "jamming" with Vinnie...

:o

:D

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Somehow I knew where you were going with this thread before I opened it, Ken. ;):D

You'll know when you're truly singing with Prince. You can tell by the security guards on either side, lifting you off the ground and out the door. :D

Yes, that's right! Funny!

Ah, I think you got my number...."There goes smartass Ken again..." :D

A friend of mine, Greg Boyer, is playing trombone on this tour. I can't wait until they come to Washington DC in August (already got my tickets). Maybe if I'm lucky I can get backstage if I can catch up with Greg.

I saw you Ken...I thought to myself, it can't be him...but it was you. :)

this show was totally amazing...the sound was better than when he played here March 29th but yeah Staples sucks for live sound. Actually the only bothersome problem where I was sitting (2nd row :thu: ) were the subs were really loud....seeing how we were so close to them it was fairly understandable.

The band rocked so hard on both the funk and the rock stuff...a truly exceptional Prince show.

Wow, your friend is that trombone player? He sounded really good, I thought. Well, the whole band is amazing. The drummer was crossing over a lot (think Manu Katche) while also doing a single twirl every time he raised his hand up, which looked really cool.

Originally posted by lrossmusic:

A friend of mine, Greg Boyer, is playing trombone on this tour. I can't wait until they come to Washington DC in August (already got my tickets). Maybe if I'm lucky I can get backstage if I can catch up with Greg.

Seen Greg many times with P-Funk! He's certainly a great T-bone man!

Hey, did Greg also play with Lil Benny And The Masters? I wasn't really aware of him back in my DC GoGo days.

TROLL . . . ish.

Ken and everyone else,

I went to that show Saturday night and loved every minute of it. Big props to Morris Day, Jerome, and the rest of The Time as well.

Wish I would've known that you guys were going to the show. I would've said howdy from the 3rd row! The guy behind me screaming "Purple Rain" would've said howdy, too.

John

-----------

John\'s Songs

Posted by Meccajay; Hey, did Greg also play with Lil Benny And The Masters? I wasn't really aware of him back in my DC GoGo days.
I'm not sure he may have. I do know he worked with Chuck Brown for a while though. Also I think he worked off and on for George Clinton for something like 17 years. More recently he was out with Maceo, who is also on the tour, so that's probably how this gig came about for him.

And yeah Ken it does feel good when you know someone personally who makes it to that level of the business. I should say it feels good after you get past the 'pure envy' part'. :D

Saw the show in Birmngham. What an amazing band. Prince is a terrific all-around showman.

One of these days I'm gonna change my evil ways...

one of these days...

http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Band.gifhttp://www.weidenbach.net/images/storage/headbang.gif

Archived