Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

BUT IS IT ART ???

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a man who clearly understands his art. For example:

~~~~~~~~

Despite his training in an Italian art school, he said he had rejected Prosciutto -- "It would have been pompous." He also shelved an idea to do ham and eggs as "too pretentious, too thought out."

~~~~~~~~

Clearly more of a populist artist, my hat is off to anyone who has such a well-developed understanding of his carnal medium!! :D Bravo!!!

Back in the '70's, some "artist" laid 30 feet of duct tape along a floor and made the same claim.

YOU be the judge!

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Originally posted by Ken/Eleven Shadows:

This is a man who clearly understands his art. For example:

~~~~~~~~

Despite his training in an Italian art school, he said he had rejected Prosciutto -- "It would have been pompous." He also shelved an idea to do ham and eggs as "too pretentious, too thought out."

~~~~~~~~

Clearly more of a populist artist, my hat is off to anyone who has such a well-developed understanding of his carnal medium!! :D Bravo!!!

:D I love it!

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

I get the meat dress. Looks great on her, too. Hey, if someone says it's art, then it is. It doesn't have to be traditional, it just has to have a point. Sometimes, pissing you off is the only point. But it's a valid one.

I made the "big" mistake of becoming an artist, but I actually learned how to draw, paint, that kind-of stuff. What I fool I was, to think there was protocol, guidelines and rules to actually "be" an artist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HA - HA - HA, what an idiot "I" was.............. :bor:

Hey, all I really had to do was shit on canvas and I'd have been an "art-star" :idea:

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

They don't say if it was Boars Head.

Deli ham would not make Art

Whoa...whoa...now, that's a pretty strong opinion. I mean, definitely there's a line between art and entertainment, and when you're talking Boar's Head, you're definitely talking entertainment. But, every once in a while, something meant as entertainment catches that little bit of spark, something meaningful that pushes it over the line. Shakespeare never thought of his plays as anything more than cheap pop churned out for the masses. You never know, one day Boar's Head might surprise you. Just don't be so narrowminded and reject it out of hand.

Now, Oscar Mayer, on the other hand...that's just disposable pop. It's not even fair to criticize Oscar Mayer, that's just a marketable face and name. Some producer behind the scenes is doing all the work on that one, Oscar Mayer's just a face they put out there to click with the public.

Originally posted by Bunny.:

Was Marcel Duchamp an artist?

Was John Cage an artist?

What makes you think you know "art" better than the artist?

:wave:

I find that I definitely appreciate a lot more - and meet more interesting people - when I (at least initially) withhold judgment until i have found out more about the thing that I am judging. There is a lot of interesting, compelling, stimulating art that one can pass over if one judges it too quickly.

Also, I may not like something, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad, stupid, or inconsequential. It simply means that I don't like something.

It all reminds me of an old saying:

"Everything changes...EXCEPT the avant garde!"

http://christojeanneclaude.net/sharedMedia/EarlyWorks/pac1.jpg

"If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Of course it's art.

That doesn't automatically mean it's good art though.

"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

Archived