Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Mac is back, and Lindsey is amazing.

had the opportunity to see Fleetwood Mac over the weekend(sans Christie McVie, who has retired from touring). A very entertaining show, however the most entertaining part was the amazing guitar skills of Lindsay Buckingham. His talents are so overshadowed often by the personna of the band, that it's easy to forget just how good he is.

Stevie was in decent voice, although obviously struggling in a few places. She left the set many times while Lindsay took over the forefront.

The percussionist was incredible, and kudos to the FOH engineer for a superb mix on him, I could hear every littl nuance of what he played, from tiny hand cymbals, chimes, and various delicate hand percussion to incredible conga playing and more. Unfortunately I can't say much more of the mix, the engineers ovecompensation for dynamics (which wa totally unnecessary as the band has amazing dynamics0 was annoying to say the least, particularly with Mick Fleetwoods drum mix, going from barely feelable/audible to much too outfront in the middle of a measure. However the soudn of the kit was quite good, abeit the poor artifical dynamics. (note to engineers, his tom mic of choice...the 499 Sennheier silver series.)

The vocal mix was for my taste WAY too outfront, and when they hit full voice, painful and with noticible distortion, I suspect from some sort of tube pre or compresor.

Unfortunatley I spent the night in hearing proteciton for my own safety. kicked back a few db and with a little less mixer dynamics, this could have been an amazing sounding show.

Visually it was very stimulating without ever detracting from the music. At one point while playing one of the hits form the 70's, video screens that flanked the line array left and right, as well as the scrim backdrop played footage from the bygone era of the Mac doing the same song, occaisionally being almost in sync with the band live.

All in all a nice night of great music. Another plus was it was an evening with, no opening band to suffer through, just 2 1/2 hours of nonstop Fleetwood Mac. It was a nice spring night, and a wonderful way to kick off the memorial day weekend, even if the mix occaisionally made me cringe.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sellout, as are all the shows on the tour, whihc is all sheds, 15-20,000.

Prices were astronimical, mor ethan I would consider paying.

Cheapest seat was $75, on the lawn (uncovered) about 300feet fromthe stage, the highest priced were I think around $200. The venue was the Tweeter Center in Mansfield MA.

drew, read the whole post buddy, I comment on the visual aspect of the show as well.

You can't do a tour without merchandising, that's what pays for the tour.

I was not working the show, I just went out of curiosity.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

Archived