Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How to repair a paperback reference book

I have a book "Words To Rhyme With" by Willard Espy and it's great but the pages are falling out. There is a whole section of about 20 pages that's loose. I kept taping pages as they would seperate but now, that won't work anymore. I wonder if I could glue these back in. This is paperback, about two inches thick, 650 pages.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Duddits:

Drat -- double post. sorry. Meow.

That's what you get for being a smart ass... :P

Live,

Once the binding is gone on a book, I think it's pretty much toast. It's possible to have them rebound, but try finding someone to do it.

It might make sense to get those little clear plasic sleaves that could fit into a 3-ring binder, and just put the pages from your book into the plastic sleaves.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Originally posted by Super 8:

Originally posted by Duddits:

Drat -- double post. sorry. Meow.

It might make sense to get those little clear plasic sleaves that could fit into a 3-ring binder, and just put the pages from your book into the plastic sleaves.
Except I wouldn't be able to carry it. 650 pages. Books should last longer than this.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

Once the binding is gone on a book, I think it's pretty much toast. It's possible to have them rebound, but try finding someone to do it.

That's easy - contact your local library and ask them who they use for book rebinding and repairs... they have to have that done all the time and I can pretty much guarantee you that they'll be able to refer you to someone.

Archived