Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

This is Scary: Everything's Working!

this thread was pretty damn funny for its own reasons.... my system is stable more then ever too.... lets just ignore the frantic motherboard beep/error code deciphering and losing all my new album due to both IDE and SCSI backup drives dying.... but now its great as yet here i am with money to buy some new software (my days of warez as a teenager are long past) so what am i doing? downloading all the Native Instruments synth demos and others like Tassman to see if i like any uh oh DEMOS! danger. (for the record, i too am in love with how Sonar/Reason/Soundforge are working together AND Reaktor isnt crashing anymore... ive yet to use that shareware vst-wrapper for DXi compatibility... fingers crossed?) (ps, even Counterstrike and Baldurs Gate2 are working fine... my second pc is ok too.... are we all jinxed?) TOUCH WOOD

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well Craig- Hate to say it, but I always envision one of your roles in the industry as similar to what Wifred Brimley said in the movie The Firm..."It's my job to find out what's wrong when nothing is wrong..." Guess that means it's time for Intel and AMD to get those 64 bit machines out of serverland and into the desktop market. That'll keep you busy...trying to interface the next intial generation of 64 bit cards and drivers and apps with the new machines. Better enjoy this little lull you're having.

<> I'm using a Q Performance Systems computer with a 500 MHz or so Celeron A overclocked to 850 MHz, 256 MB of RAM, and BX Master motherboard (the apparent "secret ingredient"). All drives are IDE. The computer was integrated by Pete Leoni and is sold through East Coast Music in Connecticut, who wanted a computer they could sell musicians so they wouldn't have to deal with service issues. I guess their strategy worked. BTW I'm running Windows 98SE...I believe part of why "life is good" is because I'm NOT running XP and on the Mac, NOT running OS X!! It will take me a lot to upgrade at this point. By the way, did you ever find a girl or a job, or better yet, a girl with a job?!?

[quote]Craig, I think that means you need to upgrade your operating system now.[/quote] Don't laugh- there are obviously a lot of people who are addicted to trouble. I've read posts from people complaining that their Soundblaster didn't work in WindowsXP -[b]two months before XP was officially released![/b] :eek:

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b] By the way, did you ever find a girl or a job, or better yet, a girl with a job?!?[/b][/quote] LMAO! btw, for those who read such things, Blues Revue Magazine gave us a most flattering review in their latest issue. -d. gauss http://www.betteroffdead.com

Archived