Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Where do you go to turn in spam abusers?

A few weeks ago I started getting spam from something called Royal Guild that kept pushing financial services. Though it was coming to the general company email address they seem to know my name and the location of the business. After a couple weeks I stopped deleting the emails and diverted them to a special folder to count the amount of junk emails they send. I was getting up to 30 a day and soon I accumulated 250 emails from this one service. I finally opened one of the emails and did they reply here to discontinue emails links. Yes, I know. You never do this. But how much worse could it get? The next day the emails from Royal Guild stopped. Today I started getting emails again, different name, same source address. I know law requires spammers to supply a method to be removed from mailing lists. This one has

If you wish to be removed from receiving these advertisements click here.

You may also remove yourself by calling 800-215-4878.

8500 North Mopac; Suite 809; Austin, TX 78759

What really pisses me off is they just changed the name and continued to send junk. As far as I am concerned, I did what was required by law to ask them to stop. Now, where do I go?

PS: If anyone lives in the Austin, TX area throw a rock through their window for me. :cool:

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not had any luck tracing the various addresses; @mx224.blindu89.biz, mx249.Blue52.biz, etc...

Here is an example of the properties form one of the emails.

-----------------------------------------------

Received: from mx249.Blue52.biz [64.119.222.249] by xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx with ESMTP

(SMTPD32-8.05) id ACCE40100E6; Mon, 24 May 2004 02:57:18 -0400

To: "Robert xxxx"

Subject: Robert, Amazing Debt Solutions - Free Info

Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 00:12:38 -0800

Message-ID:

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0BDA_696AA996.5FA343FF"

X-RBL-Warning: AHBL: 1066839782 bruns - Spam Source - 64.119.192.0/19 - Subscriberbase - advertisingbymail.com

X-RBL-Warning: SBL: http://www.spamhaus.org/SBL/sbl.lasso?query=SBL7188

X-RBL-Warning: SORBS-SPAM: Spam Received See: http://www.dnsbl.sorbs.net/cgi-bin/lookup?IP=64.119.222.249

X-Declude-Sender: WesleyGardner@mx249.Blue52.biz [64.119.222.249]

X-Note:

X-IMAIL-SPAM-URL-DBL: images.optn-rewardoffer.com

X-RCPT-TO:

X-UIDL: 377542092

-----------------------------------------------

Note: I removed my information and replaced it with x's.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by Rabid:

A few weeks ago I started getting spam from something called Royal Guild that kept pushing financial services. Though it was coming to the general company email address they seem to know my name and the location of the business. After a couple weeks I stopped deleting the emails and diverted them to a special folder to count the amount of junk emails they send. I was getting up to 30 a day and soon I accumulated 250 emails from this one service. I finally opened one of the emails and did they reply here to discontinue emails links. Yes, I know. You never do this. But how much worse could it get? The next day the emails from Royal Guild stopped. Today I started getting emails again, different name, same source address. I know law requires spammers to supply a method to be removed from mailing lists. This one has

If you wish to be removed from receiving these advertisements click here.

You may also remove yourself by calling 800-215-4878.

8500 North Mopac; Suite 809; Austin, TX 78759

What really pisses me off is they just changed the name and continued to send junk. As far as I am concerned, I did what was required by law to ask them to stop. Now, where do I go?

PS: If anyone lives in the Austin, TX area throw a rock through their window for me. :cool:

Robert

YEah I see this a LOT and HERE is one way to deal with the situation, yeah what you gonna need to do is draft up a letter stating: the nature of offense(in this case spam) and then get as many names as possible.. Write down everyones name that you can finde. be sure to get all their names.. Be sure to CAPITALIZE where needed and proper puncuation is tantamount to a well recieved response..

Then print out FIVE HARD COPIES of your SPAM manifesto with all the names you could finde and put into a suitable 'envelope and send to ME along with twenty dollars shipping and handling fees addresssed to SPAM BLOCKER USA/WORLD c/o me yadda yadda yadda..the full addy, it's all there in my PROFILE.. you will never be bother'd by "those" SPAMMERS again.

OH and DON'T WORRY RABID in case you forget or maybe don't read this or maybe forget or even maybe you know, "forget" I'll be sure to send you a FEW DOZEN REMINDER mailings repeating my very generous offer. Thanks dude you're GREAT! REMEMBER you can ONLY be what you are unless you try to be different then you are changed in some very definable way. you hold the cards to your hand.. .

spamblockermaynotblockallspambutshouldblocksomespambutnotallbutsomebutnotallbutbutalotbutnotallbutsome

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

The anti spam law passed by Congress allows aol/Microsoft/Yahoo etc (the Internet Providers) to sue people who use their systems to send massive amounts of spam. I think there's also prison time involved because of it being a federal law. Individuals can't sue as the email boxes are owned by whoever you're paying for the monthly service. And in the case of free accounts like hotmail etc, Microsoft etc owns those email accounts, not the individual user.

I've heard of four or five arrests so far based on the Providers' investigations. I think the most recent guy arrested was accused of sending out five million spam messages a day or something. The law probably won't stop spam, but I hear that Intel and Microsoft are working on an integrated cpu/windows system for the Longhorn release that will go a long way to cutting spam, at least in the method that now exists for sending it. I have a book that came out last year that describes some cool things that individuals can do to radically slow down the activities of some of the most notorious spam generating wackos out there.

• 4 months later...

FYI - If you click on the link of this SPAM and then view the source code, you will note that on the bottome of the page there is a reference to Websidestory Inc. I called this company and spoke to James McGullin. He said that this means that the company is using their product. He has told me that he will look into the problem and try to resolve it. You can find the number for Websidestory Inc. on their website. Websidestory.com

I don't know if this will help but it is a starting point.

Archived