Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CAN U BELIEVE IT? TB 303 FOR $750 ??

Check this out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64386&item=3724936507&rd=1

I just noticed that a few of these DID SELL for $1000 each. I used this on my new CD (not finished yet) .What do you think? Should I part with it?? Can I replace it with a decent VST ?

Dan

Free Bible Software

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't it weird? All the outboard hardware I bought in the 70's is fetching high dollars on eBay. In some cases you can buy the software version for a fraction of the price. Sometimes it's sonically better... sometimes worse. You can't take a plugin and patch it into your PA rack like hardware. Software seems like money down the toilet as far as investment/resale, but I can't imagine working these days without Sonar. What's your take?

GY

Software seems like money down the toilet as far as investment/resale, but I can't imagine working these days without Sonar. What's your take?

Yes I admit that when I finally release my CD you will hear the TB-303, but I also had a lot of fun doing almost the same thing with a couple of "VIRTUAL KNOB" SYNTHS built into Sonar. I had some fun with the TRIANGLE and DreamStation synths. I still haven't figured out Cyclone though?

Dan

http://teachmedrums.com

Originally posted by GY:

Software seems like money down the toilet as far as investment/resale, but I can't imagine working these days without Sonar. What's your take?

Not really. Specially if you have support and 'free' upgrades... those are the best. Even if you have to pay to upgrade to a new version of your software, it's still not that much and in most cases is totally worth it.

Try to update a piece of hardware... Of course, if you're lucky in 20 years somebody will pay a gazillion bucks for it... or maybe not... who knows?

Who Put The ' M ' In MySpace?

don\'t_click | day_job

Originally posted by Rensonic:

Originally posted by techristian:

Yes I admit that when I finally release my CD you will hear the TB-303...

And finally, when is the final version of your final CD finally coming out?
Is that your final question?
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Originally posted by offramp:

Originally posted by Rensonic:

Originally posted by techristian:

Yes I admit that when I finally release my CD you will hear the TB-303...

And finally, when is the final version of your final CD finally coming out?
Is that your final question?
El Fin. :D

Who Put The ' M ' In MySpace?

don\'t_click | day_job

OK now for my next question.

I have always liked HARDWARE FIRST. I am thinking about replacing the TB303 with the Roland SH32 Synthesizer. Does anyone know anything about that? I liked the demos that I heard at http://media.zzounds.com/media/brand,zzounds/SH-32topMAP-04d3f5f93a903638d98d5144e36a711c.jpg

What do you think???

Archived