Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So i drive through A&W

To get a strawberry shake after my bike ride today.

Of course i get to the window and being the malnourished shinny little punk that i am, decide i need a teen burger as well.

I have my dogs in the truck with me and when the guy hands me my burger he says "i put a couple strips of bacon in there for the dogs too"!

Now it's no secret i have the best lookin dogs around but come on, what's up here?

The guy was just genuinely being a nice guy, happy to just be friendly and make me feel good.

You can't fake that shit. Boy that was nice.

Yesterday i hired a kid around 21 to help me out this week as my main partner is sick. His dad called me and asked if i had any work and i said sure send him down.

This lazy fat little pepsi drinking crack head was the most useless, didn't wanna be there.......... within 2 hours he asked me when i was gonna pay him and when i told him the end of the week he said he couldn't work tommorrow as he had something going on. This, after he agreed to help "whenever i need him this week"

What it comes down to is TOO MUCH FUCKIN TV!

Too much of everybody expecting LOTS for nothing.

We are teaching this to kids now.

There is a guy up here who runs a very successful ground moving and paving co.

He is a good guy who always does a good job.

He never has a shortage of work.

If he bids 10 grand on a job and it is easier than he thought he will only charge 7 grand.

No problem. He'll never be out of work.

How well do you think that guy sleeps at night.

How much respect do you think that guy gets.

I was working at a job the other day and a couple guys were talking about this guy as they watched him working. I can't imagine a nicer feeling than having strangers talk about me like that.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I'm not sure about the TV link Halljams, but otherwise couldn't agree more :thu:

Although my online business is quite small. I find it's growing slowly and surely because i don't try to rip people off. If postage is cheaper than quoted, I reduce it etc. Basic good and ethical business practice...

Originally posted by nursers:

Although I'm not sure about the TV link Halljams, but otherwise couldn't agree more :thu:

Although my online business is quite small. I find it's growing slowly and surely because i don't try to rip people off. If postage is cheaper than quoted, I reduce it etc. Basic good and ethical business practice...

Don't fool yourself my friend, It's TV.

It's just karma in practice. Honesty and fairness are their own rewards. I think the only thing you have of lasting value as a person is your reputation.

For what its worth, I think television is the most powerful marketing device (masquerading as entertainment) that has ever been invented. I do not own a TV.

hehe TV should be regulated for those under 18 who are too young to understand...

It's not even youth I guess...remember the scene from 'Galaxy Quest' (haha ironic eh?) where the aliens discover T.V. was just lyin to them and wasn't real ?

Anyway cool stories halljams about folks with something happenin and folks just waiting to get what's 'owed' them.

Not sure if i draw the "something for nothing" connection to t.v., but i will say:

1) There is a lot of "something for nothing" attitude going around lately. Maybe i'm just now noticing this, or maybe it's really gotten much worse in the last 5 years or so.

2) T.V. is inherently vile, evil, and nothing but a source of constant defecation onto humanity. Maybe i'm just now noticing this, or maybe it's really gotten much worse in the last 5 years or so.

3) Dogs really like bacon

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Archived