Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How cool is this?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's an internet?

Sorry, i'm stupid. I don't get it. Is this just a p2p thing you can watch as a spectator? Learn what other people listen to?

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

I think I get it... and it's a good idea.

One of the oft heard complaints about music today is "there's nothing good out there". With Clearchannel and the majors feeding tons of "more of the same" to us and the restricted formats and releases, it's easy to get that impression.

But somewhere, SOMEONE is doing new music in a genre that you'd probably really like - if only you could easily find it. One of the main problems with vanity releases and indie stuff is the sheer amount of releases... since anyone with a home computer can make a CD these days, there's a LOT of stuff being released. And like anything, maybe 95% of it is crap... it's hard to dig through it all to find the gems, to find the type of things you're interested in. Being able to type in the names of a few bands you like and finding like minded people who like those same bands, and who might know of other things you might be interested in could be a big step forward for grassroots indie releases to get exposure and great word of mouth.

I only briefly looked at the site, but that's what they appear to be doing - and I'm definitely going to look into it further. Thanks for the link Rog! :thu:

Phil gets it :)

You can upload your iTunes playlist (it supports others too) and then search for people who have the same stuff as you do. Then you can search through all the other stuff they have, you can't download their music, but it gives you an insight into stuff you might like.

It's a great way of getting introduced to new music. After all, most radio is crap, MTV isn't going to change my world either :)

"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

Originally posted by Super 8:

I can't argue with that. The idea is pretty cool. But dammit, I wanna hear some music! That's what makes sites like IUMA so cool...you can hear the music.

Head over to the iTMS once you've found something cool and listen to some previews?
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

Archived