Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Forum Tips

There's a bugs thread, but in some cases, it's just a matter of getting familiar with new features.

Time Zone should be noted - default is GMT which is standard. In your preferences you can select your time zone. I dint know why they have so many. I selected Chicago since it's close to me. Not sure how it differs from all the other options in the CST time zone. But long story short, post times make sense now.

There are some other things I've found that I don't know what they mean or pertain to... like, I don't know what ShoutChat is or what you do with a Friend's list.

Just thought this might be a good place for tips for existing forum as opposed to bugs or requests for changes.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... I don't know what ShoutChat is or what you do with a Friend's list. ...

I searched and got a hit on another forum running UBBthreads. There may be a setting, enabled by a user preference, that puts a column on the right side of the display. Based on what is written there, I suppose that Shout Box(ed) text will show up in it. We do not have that preference currently.

See this.

Hope a question is allowed: When I sign on, it no longer shows which threads have new posts since the last time I signed on (yellow box). Is there something I need to do to get that feature back up and running?

Thanks,

Hope a question is allowed: When I sign on, it no longer shows which threads have new posts since the last time I signed on (yellow box). Is there something I need to do to get that feature back up and running?

Thanks,

Wait for it to be fixed. :)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I found the answer to my question! I realized that when I clicked on my old link in my favorites, it was taking me to page 2, so not surprisingly, it looked like it wasn't showing me which threads contained new posts. When I went to page 1, there were the yellow markers. I just had to re-do my favorites link.