Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is the funniest thing you've seen (that I can see)

This has to be stuff others can view. Movies, CDs, websites.

W. C. Fields, there's a movie where he is shooting pool. By gawd, I fall off the couch laughing at this guy. It is hysterical to me. He keeps flipping the cue ball over. Godamighty, that is hysterical me.

I had a bootleg tape in the 80s called "Whoop Your Ass." I've posted about it on this forum, so the website can be found... maybe it's asswhupper.com. Yeah, that's it. Anyway, they finally made it to a real CD. This is the guy that gave Roy D. Mercer the idea to do his tapes. He made millions, I guess. The original guy didn't make squat. Anyway, prank calls, man it's hysterical.

Robert Tilton is a Dallas evangelist. My friend and I used to call each other up... "Hey, Robert's on tv." And then we'd watch him and laugh. He's so fake, you can't believe it. Speaking in tongues and whatnot. And he was pulling in, like $100 million a year. He went to prison for fraud or something. But now, he's back.

Anyway, there's a website (and video tape) about this, forget the name. "Farting Preacher" or something. Some tv studio guy made a video. When Tilton would prance across the stage, when he'd hop, the guy inserted fart sounds. Tilton would be seated and praying and saying stuff like "Oh, thank you, Jesus" or "Praise God," etc. And cut a big one either before or after said proclamation. Stuff like that. Hooboy, you'll shit in your britches laughing at that one.

Remember those fat black guys that were the sons of the character played by Jim Carrey. I forget the movie, maybe "Something About Irene" or something like that. There was a scene in that movie I thought was hysterical where they are saying "MF this, MF, that." Of course, you have to warped, I guess but man, I laughed hard at that.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by LiveMusic:

Remember those fat black guys that were the sons of the character played by Jim Carrey. I forget the movie, maybe "Something About Irene" or something like that. There was a scene in that movie I thought was hysterical where they are saying "MF this, MF, that." Of course, you have to warped, I guess but man, I laughed hard at that.

That movie was "Me, Myself, and Irene". A masterful film, if I've ever seen one...

Jeebus,

I tried so damn hard to like that movie. I think I just hate Renee Zel-whatever.

The funniest thing I've ever seen was probably the Tex Avery version of Bugs Bunny. That and any 3 Stooges short from 1930-1938 (see Men in Black for which they were nominated for an Oscar), it doesn't get better than that.

I'm not alone either. My daughter Avery, is addicted to Bugs. And yes, it is a coincidence we named her Avery, but it's not a coincidence we chase each other through the house, screaming "woob woob woob!"

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

The Tilton stuff is hilarious but ....

Badger badger badger badger ......

"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

Any of you old-timers remember the Pete Smith Specialties? Those were funny back in the 50's,

don't know how they'd go over nowadays...

And Spike Jones...

The Extreme Competition on cable, Spike TV I think, is pretty funny...

LiveMusic - the Bob Tilton link you're looking for is here:

http://www.ammodumpradio.com/tilton.asp

The funniest thing I've ever seen? I dunno - there are so many movies that have their funniest moments:

'Blazing Saddles', 'The Producers', 'Young Frankenstein', 'It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World', WC Fields in the 'Bank Dick' and 'My Little Chickadee', The Marx Bros in 'A Day at the Races' (or anything other than 'At The Circus' and 'Go West'), 'Bringing Up Baby', Buster Keaton films, Chaplin films, Pete Smith Specialties ("Here comes the dumb cluck now.."), Little Rascals from the earliest silents ending at the introduction of 'Froggy' (please shoot me), and more too numerous to go into. (I'm big into film, in case you were wondering).

From the human standpoint:

George Carlin consistently makes tears come to my eyes - he may be one of the funniest people I've ever seen. Bob Newhart, Buddy Hackett, Redd Foxx, Hank Azaria...

But probably the funniest people I ever saw/heard/knew of were:

Bob and Ray.

If you don't know them, learn about them. If you know their work, I needn't say anything. The funniest group ever to exist.

Back to work..

-Tim from Jersey :thu:

(expert on the Komodo Dragon, amateur truffle hunter and chapter president of the STOA)

Play. Just play.

a home video of myself when I was little singing along to NWA tunes in my bedroom.. how funny, a skinny little white boy singing about bit**es and ho*s.

"You look hopefully for an idea and then you're humble when you find it and you wish your skills were better. To have even a half-baked touch of creativity is an honor."

-- Ernie Stires, composer

Barney Fife on Andy Griffith Show. I particularly like the ones where he would sing. Once his singing was so bad that that put up a microphone and told him to sing very softly, so softly that he really wasn't making any sound. Then, a guy with a really deep voice sang backstage. The look on Barney's face when he heard this big sound coming out and thinking it was his own singing was priceless.

But also the time Barney and Floyd were taken hostage by "Big Maude" and her gang...

Also, the movie "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" with Don Knotts.

The wrestler Rick Flair is also hilarious, more so back in the 70's and 80's. Some other wrestler would knock him silly and then pull his trunks down in the back exposing his buttocks. Rick would stumble around dazed while 20,000 people laughed at him.

Yum, Yum! Eat em up!

Originally posted by mound:

a home video of myself when I was little singing along to NWA tunes in my bedroom.. how funny, a skinny little white boy singing about bit**es and ho*s.

Don't knock it. See what it did for Eminem! Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

The funniest thing I consistantly watch is "The Red Green Show". There have been Saturday nights when my wife thought I had hurt myself I was chortling so hard. Now she watches it. I just discovered it's on Saturday morning, too.

It's a half hour after "Austin City Limits" on PBS here.

Henry

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

George Bush in a flight suit!

That said (I have to use this phrase now, I've already pissed off all the Republos, so let's go for the hole enchilada, no typo, I also want to get the bad-English crowd-besides, have you ever tasted one? Yummmm...) Fart jokes are generally not funny to me since I graduated from grammar school-well, OK, high school, we did a lot of armpit noises in my senior year. But Robin Williams' interview on Inside the Actors Studio, and his comedy special done shortly after 9/11, get me rolling on the floor.

There are, of course, two basic levels of humor - things that are funny because of the incongruety, and those that are just stupid. For those that like that sort of thing, there's the mpeg of some fool allowing himself to get tasered in the testicles. Another qualifier for the Darwin Awards.

Dasher

It's all about the music. Really. I just keep telling myself that...

The Soundsmith

Archived