Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Repair advice - where to go to get the parts

My boards took a bit of a beating this past 2 weeks, and I need to do some repairs.

First off, my Yamaha MM8 got a bit wet. It works perfectly, except for one thing. The display is out. For now, it doesn't matter that much, because I programmed ans saved my splits, and primary sounds so I can retrieve them with one touch, but I would like to repair it.

Secondly, on my Hammond SK2 the Leslie out has stopped working, so I need to get a replacement output board. No rush, as I am not currently using the Hammond and the extra sounds at the same time.

But, the big one, that really ticks me off. As I was packing it up Sunday, I noticed that the data select knob on the SK2 had broken off. If I could find it, I could probably glue it back together. But considering that I'm not sure when it happened, and the nature of my 2 gigs this weekend, I'll probably not be able to find it. I could probably still use it, but it would require using a tool of some sort to turn the knob. That I want to fix very soon.

My question. Does anyone have the contact information to get the part I need from both Yamaha and Hammond-Suzuki?

I am handy enough to do the repair myself. After all, I re-strung the low end of a Yamaha CP70B myself - twice, and have done multiple key replacements. I've even replaced various circuit boards on my Korg N364. I just need to find the parts.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, I used to be able to get parts from parts is parts , but Korg now only sells to authorized service centers so I had to order from Sweetwater's parts department in order to get them.

I don't know if that's true with Yamaha or Hammond, but that was my experience w my Kronos.

If google doesn't reveal a direct online seller, maybe you gots to go with a big house like Sweetwater that has a full-blown parts department?

[...] Does anyone have the contact information to get the part I need from both Yamaha and Hammond-Suzuki?

I am handy enough to do the repair myself. After all, I re-strung the low end of a Yamaha CP70B myself - twice, and have done multiple key replacements. I've even replaced various circuit boards on my Korg N364. I just need to find the parts.

If you have the Yamaha part number(s), https://www.yamaha24x7.com/

Otherwise, https://usa.yamaha.com/support/parts_manuals/index.html

Yamaha: Motif XF6 and XS6, A3000V2, A4000, YS200 | Korg: T3EX, 05R/W | Fender Chroma Polaris | Roland U-220 | Etc.

The last time I needed Hammond XB2 replacement keys. Addison had me contact BB Organ. Bill Brown has a lot of parts or he arranges direct shipment from Addison. Shipping cost from Addison is sort of outrageous. I guess I'm just used to Amazon Prime.

You can call Hammond at : TEL: (630)543-0277 and try asking for Ray Gerlich. He didn't return my call last time regarding a swell pedal problem so I said eff it and been just working with Bill Brown. Support was always Hammond's forte and the fact they are local but I don't know if that still holds. I'm to the point I'm no longer married to that brand.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Hammond's forte and the fact they are local but I don't know if that still holds. I'm to the point I'm no longer married to that brand.
Hammond, anything else is just a clone.....

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band