Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rd 2000 big problems

I have to change this keyboard 3 times all ready.. very disappointed., and very sad because I really love the concept of the rd 2000, but the quality control is not there..

Anyones with the same problems here!?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to change this keyboard 3 times all ready.. very disappointed., and very sad because I really love the concept of the rd 2000, but the quality control is not there..

Anyones with the same problems here!?

You havent shared any information about what your problems have been, so difficult for anyone to comment.

I owned one and had absolutely no issues with the quality control. I simply sold it because I prefer the tone of other stage pianos.

What quality issues did you have?

Also, welcome to the forum. I see this is your first and only post to date.

Roland generally has excellent quality control by the way. Extremely unusual to hear of three fails... almost unbelievable in fact...

Kurzweil PC3x

Technics SX-P50

Korg X3

I bought a RD-2000 and only issue was the first one sent to me had a broken knob. I emailed Sweetwater that night and by morning had reply they were overnighting me a replacement. I haven't had any issues with the R-2000 since.

Hi Spm.I too have been playing my RD700nx for 6 years or so. One thing you don't hear about Rolands very often is a lack of quality control.

You say the keys are noisy. Do you mean the actual piano action? Can you think of another weighted board that is less noisy, for comparison?

Yamaha YC73

Korg Kronos2 61

Yamaha CP88

Roland Jupiter 8

Roland JX3P

Roland D50

The keys are noise almost like hammers are banging inside the panel.. plus some keys velocity sensor playing louder while Im playing softly..

I really like Roland products, but I cannot believe I have to change my keyboard 3... times., 3 new rolands 2000 and diferente problems...

Im very lucky I think;-(

My keys engineer tell me that the rd800 have lost of issues too.. anyways

Im testing the Yamaha montage 8..fingers cross