Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitarists have the best toys...

Such as the War Warwick Rockboard MOD 3:

13099321_800.jpg

It's a simple patchbay with passthrough TRS/XLR/IEC connectors. It's designed for some of Warwick's pedalboards, but it turns out to be exactly what I need to tidy up my rig. I've always wanted to have a single IEC to power my entire rig, and this allows me to do that. It's also a perfect fit with my Rolls PM351, mounted up on my keyboard stand: I can use TRS for audio out and monitor return, XLRs for mic/DI out and also monitor return (I have a custom Y-cable that connects TRS and XLR into the monitor input on the Rolls).

I'm still working on integrating this into my rig, I've got it mounted on a piece of plywood (24inx10in) alongside my FC7 and two sustain pedals, but I've still got to work out the cable management. More pics as they happen...

Cheers, Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The pedalboard's coming on nicely:

46902374315_b4011d6d2a_c.jpg

The MOD3 patchbay is on the far left, alongside my FC7 and two sustain pedals from Proel, which tbh I'm not in love with. They are a little stiff to press - but reasonably positive in their action. I bought them because they were significantly cheaper than the Boss FC5U. I'll gig them a few times before deciding.

The cables are leftovers/reuse from my previous pedal board, which is why they're not all exactly the right length, and I needed a right-angle adapter for one of the pedals. (The board is designed to sit right up against my Apex AX48 stand. The FC7 is screwed in (using the threaded holes designed to allow you to attach two or more FC7s alongside each other), and the Proel pedals are on velcro - you can see the white strips which I may use to relocate the pedals in future.

I'm using all but one of the patch points on the MOD3. In order from the top:

- (unused TRS)

- Monitor line in TRS

- Keys line out TRS

- Keys DI out XLRM

- Mic out XLRM

- Monitor return XLRF

- Power on an IEC13 connector

It should make cable management at a gig much easier.

EDIT: I've used this size/form factor (60cm/24in x 25cm/10in) as it fits neatly into a little case I used to use for my CBXK1XG (three octave mini-keys).

Cheers, Mike.

That is spiffy. I was considering something VERY similar custom-made using a rack and connectors from redco (with the main difference being a rack-mount mixer in the rack). I've since simplified to the point where I don't need anything, but that is a very compact little device.