Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Moderator Spam: Looping Master Class, Atlanta, GA, June 4&5

Hey everybody -- sorry for the spam, but being moderator DOES have certain privileges :) Besides, I think some of you would find this interesting.

I'm going to be giving a two-day master class in Atlanta called "All About Looping. As the press release says, "This 16 hour class covers the essentials of loop-based music, from creation to composition. The emphasis is not just on dance and hip-hop, but on using loops in rock music, soundtracks, and commercials. Students will come out of the class able to create their own loops, optimize commercially-available loops, and most importantly, apply them in musical, cutting-edge ways.

"This class is designed for engineers and musicians who want to understand looping from the ground up, as well as those familiar with loops but who want to expand their skills and self-sufficiency."

The first course will take place on June 4 & 5 in Atlanta, GA at Stankonia Studios (home of Album of the Year winner Outkast). For additional information on the course, contact ProMedia Training at 888-277-0457 or go to http://www.loopstraining.com

The class will be hands on, and students are encouraged to bring any files they would like to turn into loops. Software that will be used to create loops includes Acid, Sonar, Recycle, Live, Reason, and others. Additional master classes are scheduled for other cities in the months ahead.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Anderton:

Well Lee, I didn't exactly expect you to come to a looping class

Actually you might have been able to con me into it... whenever I see the word "looping" I have nice visions of Echoplexes and surf guitar. :)

Originally posted by Lee Flier:

Well Lee, I didn't exactly expect you to come to a looping class

Actually you might have been able to con me into it... whenever I see the word "looping" I have nice visions of Echoplexes and surf guitar. :)
lee-have you been spying on me?

i just got back from the festival here in Cali and i brought the reverb and the loops...

"California loops-California guitars-California amps-California speakers...needless to say, my set was surfalicious. Craig, we need to hook you up over @ where all this loopiness eminates...

s :cool:

AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Craig,

Thats sounds really interesting. Something I would want to attend. Any chance of you doing something like this in NYC?

I know you have books out but how many and where to get them I don`t know. Sam Ash has some but is there a site that has all your titles?

Thanks,

Ernest

Hey it seems I'm going to be staying on the evening of the 5th rather than heading back home, so do you think we can put together a quorum for an SSS get-together?

Damn, we've got a gig that night that starts at 8:30 and is all the way up in Cartersville. We'll be there all night though, if you guys wanna carpool it up there... it's a sports bar and they have food and stuff. Otherwise we may not get to see each other. :(

Lee,

Perhaps Craig wouldn't mind making the jaunt to Cartersville to personally see the High Priestess of the Church of Keith Richards perform live. Whaddaya say Craig????

Craig,

Thats sounds really interesting. Something I would want to attend. Any chance of you doing something like this in NYC?

I know you have books out but how many and where to get them I don`t know. Sam Ash has some but is there a site that has all your titles?

Thanks,

Ernest

Ernest,

If you click on Amazon.com to the right side of the forums here, use the drop down menu to highlight "All Products" and then enter Craig Anderton into the actual search box; it will bring up all titles authored by Craig that are distributed by Amazon Books when you send the search through. Also, MusicPlayer will earn affiliate fee percentages from any purchase you make. I conducted the search and on the first run there were 255 results returned.... THAT'S A LOT OF BOOK TITLES CRAIG!!!! :thu:

You can check details at the site (such as what topics are covered), but it's an introductory price of $499 for two days (16 hours minimum). The class includes use of Pro Media Training's computers/software etc. during the class, and I'll be bringing some data to mess with. The class is a combination of hands-on and theory.

As to the get-together, I need to find out where I'm staying and a few other details before I can figure out what will work with the schedule...but I'm sure we can figure out something. Crashing Lee's gig sounds like it could be fun , distance notwithstanding.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm staying at the Holiday Inn on Howell Mill Rd. How far is that from Lee's gig?

Also to those who are coming...I'm preparing a handout for y'all, it's pretty lengthy. Please feel free to bring any material you want to work on, I'll be bringing some stuff as well.

See ya soon!

About 30 miles up I-75 from where you're staying.

I don't know that I can make that, myself - I'm a bit farther away. (Not too much, but about enough that it gets difficult.)

If everyone decides that that's the place, maybe we could hook up for breakfast or something before you have to go?

Yeah I wondered too. Craig, if you're still into coming up to the gig (should take you about 45 minutes to get there), the address and map details are on our web site. We're there from 8:30-12:30.

If you don't make it and aren't flying out first thing in the morning, maybe we could hook up for breakfast before you leave. I know a GREAT breakfast place not far from your hotel.

Hey sorry for dropping off the face of the earth. First, the classes went later than I expected, and Friday we had some computer emergencies and loading of files that had to be sorted out. By the time I got back to the hotel (running on 5 hours sleep!) I just crashed.

Saturday the class didn't break up until 8 PM, then we had breakdown until 9 PM. At that point I was famished and figured it was too late to do much of anything other than have a bit, then pack and do email.

Anyway -- Christopher and Lee -- I left messages on your phones about calling me sometime between 10 and 11 AM. I don't know how far I am from y'all but maybe we can do brunch or at least just hang for a bit. I need to get to the airport around 1 PM or so, I'm sure wherever we eat can call a cab for me or whatever.

Hope it all works out and we get to hang. If not (hey Lee, if you're shot after playing late I understand!!!!), the classes went very well and they're already talking about getting me back here in 6-8 weeks. Hopefully all the gear kinks will be worked out by then.

BTW - nice city ya got here!!! And Stankonia Studios has a great vibe, friendly people, very laid back.

So - in the end, Lee Flier & I got to have breakfast with Craig after all. :) We were joined by Lyle (Lee's bass player) and my son Leo, and got to have a nice time (if a bit short) chatting & eating pancakes before Craig had to wing his way out west.

Craig, it was really great getting to hang out with you, even briefly. We should do it again next time around, if your schedule permits. I'd love to hear some more about your European exploits (I meant to ask you if there were any recordings of that stuff that you could share??)

So long - and thanks for all the fish! ;)

Yeah, it was a great time! So cool to hang out with Craig who is a truly great guy, and wears truly obnoxious shirts (always a testament to one's greatness :D ). Hope to see you again very soon Craig! And of course it's always great to see you Christopher... I love having one of the coolest forum members being so close by! :)

Well for those who wondered, yes, Lee is as cool in person as she is on the forum. And Christopher Kemp is too. His son doesn't hang out on the forum, but man, what a patient two-year-old -- just sat there and behaved 100% while we all yakked about stuff. Adding Lyle to the mix definitely produced a more is merrier situation :)

Nothing like an SSS get together to restore a sense of order to the Force! I'm supposedly going to be returning to Atlanta in August, so maybe we can do something more official than a last minute "hey guys, can we do breakfast for exactly 74.2 minutes before I have to go to the airport?"

<>

Sure, but how big a file can your email box hold?

Thanks y'all for making me feel welcome in the land of peaches, pecans, and hip-hop :)

Archived