Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bad news from Frampton

Dannyalcatraz

Unfortunately, Peter Frampton has been diagnosed with a degenerative muscle disorder. Apparently, this tour will be his last.

https://news.yahoo.com/guitarist-peter-frampton-reveals-degenerative-muscle-disease-170653354.html

Thank you, Mr. Frampton, for all of the great tunes!

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is really a bummer. His music was part of the palette that made up what I listened to in my early 20s. He was a big part of FM radio in the mid 70s and he got regular spin on turntables at parties everywhere.

He has some good songs and great guitar licks.

I saw Frampton & Band live at the Celebrity Theater in Phoenix a half dozen (or more) years back. It was a great show, the music was done in such a craftsman like fashion. All the players were great that night including Framptons playing.

We wish him the very best, and maybe they can come up with a bit of a cure before too long.

Didn`t someone post a vid of Keith Urban`s end of year tribute to artists we lost last year, and Peter F. came out and did some tasty playing? sad to hear of this, I hope he does some great tracks first that will crown his career.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Y'know what sorta bums me out too?

It really DON'T seem that long ago when you couldn't find anybody who DIDN'T own a copy of "FRAMPTON COMES ALIVE"! ;)

And to think....anybody BORN when it came out is old enough to be a GRANDPARENT now! :pop:

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Did too notice in my local paper recently(Detroit Free Press) they're still advertising his July 25th appearance at DTE Energy theater( formerly Pine Knob).

So he might not be that bad off.....or the paper somehow didn't get the news. :idk

Whitefang

@ Fang, He has a gig coming up October 12th (last date on the tour) in Concord CA. A buddy called and asked me if I wanted to go and see him. So, this may be his last tour..."Finale Farewell Tour 2019." :cool:
Take care, Larryz

Didn`t someone post a vid of Keith Urban`s end of year tribute to artists we lost last year, and Peter F. came out and did some tasty playing? sad to hear of this, I hope he does some great tracks first that will crown his career.

Urban seems to do a similar show every NYE.

Here's the 2 from 2k14

It's fulla hot licks but I draw yer attention to the swooping, yodelish thing PF plays @ 3:25 which hints at a combination of the 3 Beatle solos the end , uh, "The End" !!!

[video:youtube]

I think we're not up to the end of PF's career.

My understanding is that he's decided to focus on recording as a way to get his compositions & production ideas down before his playing is affected.

If so, he may still have a long time to work on things.

d=halfnote

1 not gtr solo = 1:35~1:50

Really cool kinda jazzy solo = 1:50~end of tune

[video:youtubehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjfyDPxjTTo]

Dig the vox on 2nd verse (& gtr throughout)

& (The) Pie as U never knew 'em

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0gkMzies2U

d=halfnote

Yeah, Steve was considered the more "rock" and "bluesy" player, while Pete was the "jazzy" one. And sadly too, many gave more "props" to Marriott for that fantastic VOICE than his axe shredding. BTW: one of my favorite Steve vocals are on this one...

Whitefang

Archived