Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New deadly worm!!!!!

Well, the hackers finally figured out how to infect you without attachments. All you have to do is click on a post. Kcbass

P.S. They are saying you can also get it from a affected web site. Sheesh

"Let It Be!"

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the hackers finally figured out how to infect you without attachments. All you have to do is click on a post.

Like a sign post? Wewus is definately missing a signpost there, but obviously his avatar has gone wonky.

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Originally posted by phaeton:

Well, the hackers finally figured out how to infect you without attachments. All you have to do is click on a post.

Like a sign post? Wewus is definately missing a signpost there, but obviously his avatar has gone wonky.

Mine's wonky too. My ISP's web space must be running Win2k/xp. Damn... I run linux and Win98 at home.

This would be a non-issue if we all checked www.microsoft.com . I hadn't been affected at work ({Win 2000 Pro} though many of my co-workers have) and downloaded a patch that easily solved the problem. Apparently they've known about and advertised the fix for the security breach the Sasser worm takes advantage of.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Well, it shut down our call center (I said it before, a Fed gov agency) for 2 days. I'm surprised we weren't better prepared, since computers are a major part of our operations. Just to let you know that the damage (in terms of time, and disruptive of workflow + thousands of employees nationwide = $$$$!) was darn bad.

Any guess on how hard the guy that popped it might get? I'm betting if he is caught and has a bad profile, he'll be made a scapegoat or an example of what is to come for people that are into this sort of stuff.

I've downloaded the Microsoft things and the AVG updates so...

Just to let you all know that the effects of this type of stuff is real.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Sound:

I already installed the updates from Microsoft's site to prevent infection.

I hardly ever worry about worms because I don't use outlook and I NEVER open attachments.... but I really wanted to avoid this one.

Valky

You're safe but this worm only needs you connected to the 'net. You don't have to open anything. Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

Originally posted by Kcbass:

Originally posted by Valkyrie Sound:

I already installed the updates from Microsoft's site to prevent infection.

I hardly ever worry about worms because I don't use outlook and I NEVER open attachments.... but I really wanted to avoid this one.

Valky

You're safe but this worm only needs you connected to the 'net. You don't have to open anything. Kcbass
Yeah... I realized that. That's why I got the MS Update right away! :thu:

Valkyrie Sound:

http://www.vsoundinc.com

Now at TSUTAYA USA:

http://www.tsutayausa.com

Archived