Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What computer do you use for web surfing?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used to use my Mac PPC 6115 with a 56K modem, but my wife wanted something a bit faster for the house, so she's got a Celeron 500 MHz with 256 MB ram in here... of course, I have a few computers out in the studio, all of which have I'net connections, although I usually use the computer DAW's modem only for updates and so forth. Phil O'Keefe Sound Sanctuary Recording Riverside CA http://www.ssrstudio.com pokeefe777@srstudio.com

I use an Imac for internet. I leave the G4 867 to do all the studio work. I don't ever conect that one. When I need stuff from the internet to the studio I'll use the Imac and then transfer it with my firewire harddrive. I still run OS 9.04 on the Imac (but am planing to put in the OSX I've got with the new G4 on it) I'm runing 9.2 on the G4 but can't wait for Logic 5 so I can try OSX on the G4 as well. Don't U just love Mac. I get all this virus warning, and a lot of my friends suffer from it - but so far nothing here :D

Rotshtein Danny - Studio Engineer

Jingles show-reel

Visit DarlingNikkie.com To discover the sounds of "Darling Nikkie"(aka Jade 4U). . . .

New exciting project Goddess of Destruction

Currently, I'm using an old (1997) NEC P2-233 Laptop, 65MB Ram, 4 gig HD. I have a Lynksys LAN/56K modem pcmica card in it with a cable modem attached (I don't use the analog modem unless I'm travelling). It works great for forum chattin'. I'll sit & surf at the kitchen table and it takes up all my time! Warning: don't put your computer within easy access, nothing gets done! I have another 'puter for the kids and then another for just audio. I just got yet another PC I'll be adding soon to replace my audio computer. The whole mess is networked together, w/linksys router sharing the cable modem. I got so many computers in and out of here, it may be all different in a week or two. (now you know and probably don't really care.) -Matt [ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: Hippie ]
In two days, it won't matter.

A dual 500 with an audio partition and an OS X partition for surfing. An iMac in the back of the control room for clients. Two more macs upstairs, one in my office and one in my girlfriend's office. All these are on a Linksys router and cable modem.

At work I use my G4, for which I have a nice 19" ViewSonic monitor. Khan's smileys are way huge on this thing. At home I have an iMac. Been using Apples since the IIe. Hmmm...probably shoulda put that in the "old guys" thread.

Archived