Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Addiction: Didgeridoo

I got the Didg bug, bad. Anyone else got the Yirdaki Jones?

Man, I can't stop exploring this incredible instrument. And nothing but great experiences so far with other players, an interesting brother/sister-hood, unlike any I've experienced before. Too cool!

If you're not familiar with what really accomplished players can do, check out these videos

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Skipclone, yes and no. You can play almost any pipe to some degree. Results are another manner. It's kinda like saying you can do a Decca Tree with Rat Shack cardiod dynamics. They'll be on the stand and will record sound, but quality is another matter.

I recently did a gig at a hospital in San Francisco. My pal Alan Tower played Fat Boy, a huge and gorgeous 9.5 foot agave didg, and Mathew Montofort of Ancient Future on gtr (I was throatsinging). You can't get that kind of tone from straight plastic! Here's a small excerpt (MPEG 4).

Miroslav,

Sorry, gotta have QT 6. I switched to the MPEG4 format because of the considerably improved audio and video quality, combined with smaller file size. You can get a free at http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

If you do any multimedia stuff, QT Pro is a great value at $29.95.

Yeah...I have QT Pro 4...and if I download the free version 6...it will overwrite my QT Pro 4.

I guess I'll have to break down and spend another $30 to get QT Pro 6, since I need the some of the features in the Pro version.

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Its difficult to play tunes on the didge. Try doing, say, the guitar solo from Heartbreaker on one, very difficult. Then forget playing chords let alone any complex ones!

Steve

You shouldn't chase after the past or pin your hopes on the future.

Archived