Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Chris Link

Its been years since I saw them. Truly incredible that they have the same line up for 25 years. I cant recommend their holiday show enough if they happen to be in your area.

http://www.bbvd.com/

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was in a band with Dirk the bass player decades ago. All local guys from the Ventura Santa Barbara area. Nice to see them continue to succeed.

Kawai KG-2C, Nord Stage 3 73, Electro 4D, 5D and Lead 2x, Moog Voyager and Little Phatty Stage II, Slim Phatty, Roland Lucina AX-09, Hohner Piano Melodica, Spacestation V3, pair of QSC 8.2s.

Just saw them in Cleveland a few weeks ago. Somehow, we got seats right next to the stage. Could have grabbed the piano player's ankles. Great show. Incredibly tight band. Every solo was inventive and fresh.

Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha AN200, Logic Pro X,  Arturia Microbrute, Behringer Model D, Yamaha UX-3 Acoustic Piano, assorted homemade synth modules

I have a soft spot for Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. That 'Americana Deluxe' album that hit in 1998 while I was in high school was a huge gateway into jazz for me. I remember trying to transcribe 'The Boogie Bumper' and having it be just too damn hard for me at the time. Great tunes, playing and, because of 'Swingers', a truly important band for a hot minute.

Thanks for the rec, I would love to check out their live show.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Archived