Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Effects Pedals for Keyboard & Synth

MPN21

I am venturing into adding effects to my keyboard setup. What effects pedals do you use? I ordered a Ventris Dual Reverb for reverb effects. Now I want to add a delay pedal. Any recommendation? I play more nontraditional music and non of EDM stuff.

Thanks.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My first go-to is always a Wah. But I haven't really encountered any hardware wahs that sound right for a synth's freq response. Obviously great for Rhodes and Wurli, but not synth leads. So I usually use software Wahs with a controller pedal, tuned specifically to the frequency response of that patch. Other than that and maybe a Vent (Leslie sim), I really don't see any reason to go hardware for effects. The way I see it, each effect needs to be tailored to the patch you're playing. I'm usually playing 3-4 patches per song on the same board, I don't want them all running through the same effects.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

Some guitar pedals will sag badly because they aren't designed for line level signals.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Does anybody use a Zoom MS-70 pedal on keys? I have been eyeing this one- looks like fun. I recall seeing somewhere that these work very well on keys.

FWIW- I have a pair of Digitech Looper pedals. They work very well with line level signals and are loads of fun.

Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha AN200, Logic Pro X,  Arturia Microbrute, Behringer Model D, Yamaha UX-3 Acoustic Piano, assorted homemade synth modules

I am venturing into adding effects to my keyboard setup. What effects pedals do you use? I ordered a Ventris Dual Reverb for reverb effects. Now I want to add a delay pedal. Any recommendation? I play more nontraditional music and non of EDM stuff.

Thanks.

The Nemesis plays very well with the Ventris. From the same company, but a lot cheaper!

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

Does anybody use a Zoom MS-70 pedal on keys? I have been eyeing this one- looks like fun. I recall seeing somewhere that these work very well on keys.

FWIW- I have a pair of Digitech Looper pedals. They work very well with line level signals and are loads of fun.

I have a Zoom MS-70. I got it mainly to pair with a Minibrute which has no onboard effects, but I've also use it for vocoder signals. The interface takes a bit of getting used to, but it has a sh*tload of great presets on board. I've mainly used it for reverb, but it has amp sims, choruses, delays, compressors, all kinds of stuff. And it's stereo. For a cheap all in one pedal solution it's pretty good.

I have a Zoom MS-70. I got it mainly to pair with a Minibrute which has no onboard effects, but I've also use it for vocoder signals. The interface takes a bit of getting used to, but it has a sh*tload of great presets on board. I've mainly used it for reverb, but it has amp sims, choruses, delays, compressors, all kinds of stuff. And it's stereo. For a cheap all in one pedal solution it's pretty good.

Thanks CountFosco. I would be doing a similar thing. I have a Yamaha Motif XF which doesn't need any outboard FX. But I also have three analog synths in my studio now. FX sounds great on them. Probably will treat myself to the Zoom pedal soon.

By the way, my 400th post.

Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha AN200, Logic Pro X,  Arturia Microbrute, Behringer Model D, Yamaha UX-3 Acoustic Piano, assorted homemade synth modules

Archived