Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Cholecystectomy

Dave Bryce

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck, I'm sure all will go well. A good friend had this done a couple of yrs ago, a few of us went with him and his wife to visit the surgeon. We brought a Milton Bradley Operation game as a present to the surgeon. Thankfully the surgeon laughed and promised to practice on it before the surgery. We may be old, slow but always immature.

Hey dB, good luck tomorrow. You'll do great. I've had two laparoscopic surgeries (hernia repair). You'll be back to normal in no time. The worst is since it's outpatient surgery, you don't get the benefit of enjoying the green Jello and creamed corn. :laugh:

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

My sister had hers removed two months ago. It took them two years to diagnose the problem. We would go on vacation and she would be afraid to eat.

Sounds somewhat like my condition. Took a few docs a while to figure it out as well.

Thanks again for all the positive reinforcement and support, guys - greatly appreciated. :)

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

My sister had hers removed two months ago. It took them two years to diagnose the problem. We would go on vacation and she would be afraid to eat. It always seemed to act up halfway through a vacation. Now, she eats anything she wants.

IIRC, about 90% of the time people have gall stones so their absence and the non-specific nature of the symptoms can lead you down a lot of diagnostic dead ends before it gets figured out. Also, its a lot easier to figure out whats the problem when it is present all of the time. Intermittent symptoms are tough to pin down.

My ex has a diagnosis of esophageal spasm, but after getting her gall bladder out it never happened again. Symptoms can be quite varied with a lot of things like this.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

As Desert Rat can probably attest, [anesthesiologists] get blamed for everything.
Wow, three of us here in one thread. Doesn't anyone take call anymore??

Oh and dB, yes they are going into your abdominal cavity. Going into your chest is way more serious...fortunately there is no need for that here.

Good luck tomorrow!

Oh and dB, yes they are going into your abdominal cavity. Going into your chest is way more serious...fortunately there is no need for that here.

I'm hip.

The pain from this thing radiates up into my lower chest area when it gets bad and the other major symptom has been uncontrollable belching (ugh), so I tend to associate it in my head more with the upper area of my torso.

Good luck tomorrow!
Thx, Marshall!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Hang in there, man. My wife was in horrible pain for a year before they diagnosed it, even through multiple ER visits; she's 5'7" and her weight went down from 130 to 95 lbs before they figured out it was her gall bladder. She was one of the first lapro surgeries back in 1990, had a lot of post-surgical pain for the first 24 hours (trapped air takes a while to reabsorb), then was fine. Great health after that, no dietary restrictions until she began developing the same symptoms 25 years later. Turns out, the thing regrew inside her body (rare), so she had it have it out again. This time, perhaps with medical advances, it hurt far less in the first 24 hours, and she was 100% after a week. She was careful with what she ate for the first week, but after that had no dietary restrictions. I'd love to say it was as simple as that but there were surgical complications (cutting tool nicked the intestines that caused internal hemorrhaging, corrected with another laparoscopic surgery later that night) which is rare. Regardless, it only delayed her discharge by a day and fair sailing ever since. She says it felt indescribably good to lose the chronic pain. I'm glad you're having it now and not 30 years ago when it was open abdominal surgery.

:2thu:

dB Will be back to running this place with an iron fist in no time! :cop:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Glad everything went well brotha dB.:thu:

I think our moderator will be able to eat an imported Philly cheesesteak in no time. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Archived