Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Synth techs; Mopho keys pitch wheel problem

RudyS

Friday I did a gig. We ended our soundcheck with the first song of the show. This song has a quite prominent synth riff. After the soundcheck we went for some dinner. When we started the song I was hearing something was out of tune, I it didn't took me too long to realize it was me. I solved the situation by using another board.

Back home I tried to discover what was wrong, and it was the pitch wheel. After trying the wheel it didn't came back to the 0 position. I did't this a couple of time and suddenly it did function normal again. I tried to reproduce the problem by often en quick using the wheel and also pushing it a bit harder etc, but it kept working. Now I i'm guessing some dust in the potentiometer was causing it, but am not sure of course.

Could I run some more tests, or should I replace the potentiometer to prevent any future problems?

Rudy

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a calibration routine described on page 59 of the owners manual. They don't call out wheel cal as part of the test but I believe most other dsi synths include this. I'd give this a try first and then monitor. If the problem recurs contact dsi.

Yeah, good point. Could be mechanical intermittentcy. The MEs would chalk up everything they couldn't explain to FOD (Foreign Object Debris). I'll go with solar flare induced Single Event Upset. :hitt:

Haha, yeah to be honest, I was quite relaxed about it. But our bass player was going on about that "it is broken and needs te be replaced".

Rudy

Archived