Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FT: Any Floridians out there?

And don't forget Canadian Snowbird Florida, Gator wrestling/airboat riding Florida, and I've got more money than I'll ever be able to spend so I can afford a multi-million dollar house and a multi-million dollar yacht Florida.

If you had lots of people who could show you around and you spent a bunch of time seeing different areas, you might be able to choose where you'd like to live after about a year. When we moved to Fort Lauderdale, we relied on the advice of co-workers and friends.

Everything is completely developed, almost no more available land for building, that it makes it more difficult - you almost need to have someone who really knows their way around to be able to point out the spots worth looking at (it's not as hard to just check things out by just driving around).

That said, Miami is one of the epicenters of the Latin world, an amazing melting pot of culture and international business.

I don't miss living in South Florida, but there are some things about it that I miss.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Anderton:

Do you NEED to live near a specific area (office etc.), or will you work out of your home and have more latitude about where to live?

I will work from home. My only concern would be "near to" the airport (one hour, hour and a half!).

Coral Gables sounds so right... Traffic might not be a big concern since I'm gonna be working from home, just like here in Torreon, where I only get out of home to buy food, do the banks stuff, etc.

Hurricanes... ough... I have lived in earthquakes zones, volcano zones and Hurricanes, too. I would like to be in the less dangerous zone of Miami regarding 'canes.

Thanks Craig and Felix!

BTW that "latin" stuff in Miami is what really DOES NOT attract me at all... :o I love my culture but not the "latinized" way of living in the US. I do prefer the real stuff. Being in latin America, that is...

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Then Miramar/Pembroke Pines would be right for you, right off I75. You would be about 25-30mn from the airport and 20mn from Aventura/North Miami Beach. Nice neighborhood too, not too expensive, plenty of everything to do ... I know right, that's where I live :)

When are you considering to move?

Originally posted by RaGe:

When are you considering to move?

It still depends if we reach out an agreement ad if that happens, might be in a couple of months yet.

Thanks for the advise!

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Archived