Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NAMM January 2019

Radagast

And Im an FX Freak.

But Ray Kurzweil changed all of our lives for the better.

Yep, the FX in a PC3 series or Forte are really good.

At least you recognize when diving into the editing experience and create your own FX chains for your programs and performances.

When it comes to "Insert FX Chains", these keyboards are the most flexible ones, and Forte doubles DSP power for FX vs PC3.

I showed my son who he was and now he wants a Forte.. Hes only 11, I fucked up good because he wont take a Yamaha PSR now. Wish I had a Forte when I was 11...

:cool::laugh:

A.C.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Rumor has it from someone in a Facebook group that they have seen a Krome EX. Person says that its the same look but in a grayish shiny color, does not have faders, has roughly the same number of sounds, and the piano is way better when compared to the Krome sitting next to it. Supposed to be revealed this month. NDA with someone otherwise.

Interested to say the least.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Then I would add to your maxim, Greg:

Innovation is never a single event. It is a long process of discovery, engineering, interaction and transformation.

Not to digress to much...

The book Where Good Ideas Come From by Steven Johnson puts it in this way. Both evolution and innovation tend to happen within the bounds of the adjacent possible, in other words the realm of possibilities available at any given moment. So it's a long process of discoveries, which step only possible with the choices presented from the previous one.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Rumor has it from someone in a Facebook group that they have seen a Krome EX. Person says that its the same look but in a grayish shiny color, does not have faders, has roughly the same number of sounds, and the piano is way better when compared to the Krome sitting next to it. Supposed to be revealed this month. NDA with someone otherwise.

Sounds plausible, but I'm not sure reviving the EX designation is a good idea. It's very 2002, somehow.

I do hope they'll give it a better action; it's the one thing I really dislike about mine. But I'll probably get one either way.

Sounds plausible, but I'm not sure reviving the EX designation is a good idea. It's very 2002, somehow.

I do hope they'll give it a better action; it's the one thing I really dislike about mine. But I'll probably get one either way.

Stage 2 EX was more recent. I think it adds to the confusion, though that may be the point. :idk

Edit: Post is gone now. I forgot to mention that this new Krome is apparently Version 2.0. Not sure what they mean by that unless it has something to do with updated midi standards?

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Korg can't make a synth keybed worth a second note. They should just crawl back to Yamaha for decent keys.

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

Archived