Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Eat a big bird, y'all!!!

picker

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 Thanksgivings this year. With my moms parents today. My dad is here, so tomorrow with his parents. Trying to talk mom and dad to go surfing with me, not sure if that is going to happen. They would probably make me look bad anyway.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Jennifer S.

2 Thanksgivings this year. With my moms parents today. My dad is here, so tomorrow with his parents. Trying to talk mom and dad to go surfing with me, not sure if that is going to happen. They would probably make me look bad anyway.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Well, that's MUCH better than the one year me and the ex( back in the '70's) had THREE Thanksgivings to go to....ALL THE SAME DAY!

:P

Y'all think your TURKEYS were stuffed? :pop:

OK, so, I'm one to NOT wish everyone a "happy TURKEY day", since putting it that way sounds as if we should CELEBRATE turkeys and eat something OTHER than......

Plus, there's many who NEVER eat turkey on Thanksgiving. :cool:

All that and too, it kinda sounds like "baby talk" ;) But, I get the sentiment behind it and also hope all had a good one yesterday and that your dinners didn't have any of these SPLIT HAIRS in it. ;)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Well, d...

My family is so large there's hardly any leftovers to speak of. However, many get in such condition that to open a fridge and see/hear the food SINGING to them isn't out of the realm of possibility. ;)

Whitefang

We had a weird Thanksgiving. We had planned for about 30 people, but several invitees had things crop up that prevented them from attending.

As if that werent enough, one of the guests got into an argument with her eldest son on the way over. She left before the main turkey got out of the oven. Her youngest son left early to see if she was OK. Then her eldest rounded up his wife and kids and left, too. So that left us with @12 people to feed.

Nothing was actually said in our house, so it was kind of a surprise when we realized that people were leaving. Still dont know WHAT happened. Not sure I care.

Because those who stayed had a grand old time eating ridiculous food and watching some football! When I say ridiculous, I mean both amount and character: charcuterie, a steamed turkey, a fried turkey, a ham, a beef roast, a pair of ducks, shrimp creole, oyster dressing, turnip greens with smoked turkey, schnitzel, deviled eggs, maque choux, sweet potatoes, Mac & cheese, bacon apple pie, bourbon pecan pie, and banana pudding.

I cooked about half of that myself, but everyone who cooked a dish made sure to bring their A game.

Even the banana pudding was better than it had any right being- nice slices of banana were folded into the pudding, and it was topped with vanilla cookies. But between the pudding and the cookies was a topping- not of Cool Whip-style topping- but of cream cheese and other dairy and sweeteners whipped to a fluffy consistency. That is WORK. That is SKILL.

(My Mom, who does not like banana pudding, had 2 servings and has asked for the recipe.)

Amazingly, I still fit in my clothes,

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

One major change at our annual dinners, and due to a few deaths over the years and others moving out of state is the absence of the large collection of 12-PACKS on the front porch keeping cold. ;)

Was a huge obstacle course to endure for many a year. :D

Whitefang

Hey everybody, thanks for the replies and good wishes. With the holiday season upon us, may everybody have a positive and enjoyable experience with their families and friends, avoid all bust slight stomach distress from overeating, not outgrow your clothing even worse than you already have, and get something expensive and guitar-related for Christmas, even if you have to buy it yourself!

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

First day back to my computer 14 days at cabin. Soon to be wife and I had a store roasted chicken, cranberry, small boiled potatoes and peas. Just right for us. Her kids were with her ex's family this year so we celebrated at the cabin. Sounds like all had a pretty fine holiday and hope those that did not weigh in yet did too. Jim

Y'know, in the modern world (or at least the USA, which despite everything is still part of the modern world, I think) there's a holiday for everyone & everything.

Chk it out, y'all !

https://nationaldaycalendar.com/calendar-at-a-glance/

Sure. And I'll bet that LETTER CARRIERS get most(if not all) of them off! ;)

Whitefang

Archived