Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Eric Persing - EP-PE One

Mike Martin

"Collaboration between keyboardist Eric Persing and multi-winds maestro Pedro Eustache. The two acclaimed artists have never played together before and this video documents their first musical encounter."

Great rig including a CS-80, Rhodes (with MIDI driving Keyscape), Prophet 6 and of course a computer based rig and some loopers. Rig tour starts at 22:00

[video:youtube]

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, Mike. I'd never heard Eric do more than play a few phrases here and there, but his position as one of Omnisphere's creators seems much more clear to me now. He has a great feel for leaping from place to place in an engaging manner. Classic synth-guy stuff. :thu:

Lab Mode splits between contemplative work and furious experiments.
Both of which require you to stay the hell away from everyone else.
This is a feature, not a bug.
Kraftwerk’s studio lab, Kling Klang,
 didn’t even have a working phone in it.
       ~ Warren Ellis

Thank you indeed, Mike.

As a (traverso) flute player I was particularly interested in the first instrument played by PE.

Then I understood its a normal flute with a 3D-printed mouthpiece he designed. Amazing sound. All info from 44:44 in the vid.

Whenever I see his name I get an image of the Keyboard Kid in all those Roland ads in Keyboard Mag.

Never seen these, you got any photos or scans? :)

Couldn't find any, but there's This

Scroll down to the second section and there's a pic I remember seeing all through the early 1980s.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Archived