Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Palmer vs. SE II

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Palmer smokes the SE II for higher gain distorted sounds. The SE II works great on clean and semi-distorted tones but I've yet to try the Palmer in these applications. I'm about an hour and a half north of you, near Chico. You're welcome to try them out side by side if ever in my neck of the woods.

ademus@pacbell.net

Originally posted by ademus:

The Palmer smokes the SE II for higher gain distorted sounds. The SE II works great on clean and semi-distorted tones but I've yet to try the Palmer in these applications. I'm about an hour and a half north of you, near Chico. You're welcome to try them out side by side if ever in my neck of the woods.

ademus@pacbell.net

What kind of amps are you running? I assume the gain is coming from the amp, and not the emulators. Are you using them to go direct, as in a recording application?

I may take you up on that offer to check them out :thu:

What kind of amps are you running? I assume the gain is coming from the amp, and not the emulators. Are you using them to go direct, as in a recording application?

Yep, all gain is tube amp generated : Bogner XTC or THD Univalve > Palmer or SE II > MOTU 24i > Mac G4 running Digital Performer 3.2.2.

I may take you up on that offer to check them out
Nothin' worse than buying blind. Shoot me an email if you're headed north.

ademus@pacbell.net

Did you try putting an EQ in the FX loop of the Se II? Just curious. I haven't tried either one but had been kind of favoring the idea of the SE II because it has an FX loop.
I've never tried an EQ in the effects loop but the EQ on the SE II is pretty powerful.

I've recorded some short comparison sound files for you guys. I'll email them to anybody that promises to excuse the mediocre playing,

ademus@pacbell.net

Archived