Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Crumar Mojo XT Rotary Switch Wiring

Hallo everybody !

I am new on this forum and I'm glad to join You. :)

I have just purchased Crumar Mojo XT - my first serious Hammond clon.

Wow! I erlier played Hammond old module Xmc1, Voce V3, Kurzweil PC3 and lately Nord Electro 4. Of course Nord was way better then theese others, but Mojo is KING !!!

I would like to switch rotary speed with a footswitch.

I know there is an original Crumar double swich, but I want to use my sustain pedal ( just money is out ).

I don't know what is proper wiring. I was looking for information everywhere, but found nothing.

If I understood correctly, Crumar double switch is momentary. But there is no info how does it act. 1 switch changes speed, 2 switch starts and stops rotors or maybe 1 switch makes low speed, 2 makes high?

For example in my Kurzweil or Nord I used only one switch (slow/fast) and it is the best for me.

But I may get used to whatever, footswitch or half-moon.

Anybony know how to wire it?

There is TRS jack and 3 cables, so not so many combinations, but I'm afraid of experimenting not to damage my Mojo.

And another question.

Have double switch and half-moon the same wiring or different?

Please help !

I saw on this forum info about half-moon wiring to Mojo 61. But supposedly in Mojo there is another way of wiring. I hope Mojo XT is not different than Mojo :)

I will be grateful for every info.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mojo and Mojo XT are basically the same instrument, so the Mojo XT accepts the same accessories as the Mojo.

- Mojo and Mojo XT use a wiring that is not compatible with any other existing organ or rotary effect; the reason is that the same jack can accept both the dual foot-switch and the half-moon switch, and the special wiring is made to have the organ to "auto-sense" the accessory that has been plugged in when the instrument is powered on.

- The Mojo61, GSi DMC-122 and GSi Burn share the same wiring for the Half-Moon switch which, however, is not compatible with other instruments such as the Hammond/Suzuki organs, the Nords, the Ventilators, etc.; the reason is that the same jack can accept either an expression pedal or the half-moon switch (on DMC-122 and Burn), or the dual foot-switch and the half-moon switch (on the Mojo61).

- The sustain pedal can't (shan't) be connected to the input for the dual foot-switch or half-moon because might cause a short circuit and damage the instrument.

The only difference between the most common wiring for a dual foot-switch and the wiring used by Crumar instruments is that the common contact is on the RING of the TRS jack, rather than on the SLEEVE. To make a 3rd party dual foot-switch compatible with a Crumar instrument, just swap the RING and the SLEEVE on the jack connection. The dual foot-switch must have momentary switches (for Mojo, Mojo61 and DMC-122).

ZioGuido, I know that YOU are the father of the Mojo.

You have made great instrument! It's the real thing !

And I'm very glad to read your post.

Thank you for informations, but english is not my mother tongue, so I'm not sure if I understand correctly.

What is common contact in Crumar, RING or SLEEVE ? I suppose ring.

If RING, so when I connect ring to tip the speed will be high, and ring to sleeve speed will be low (or vive versa)? Or one switch is for speed and other for start/stop ? Or maybe something else?

Please, don't let me desent into madness :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a bit confusing in terms to weather the Mojo or Mojo XT Leslie 'Rail' switch will also work with a 'GSI Burn' which came with a different rail Leslie switch and a foot switch 'new' I believe. I just picked up a used Burn w/o a rail switch and a foot switch... I prefer a traditional rail Leslie switch with 'stop'...

Will the newer Mojo and Mojo XT Leslie Rail switches (see below) also work with the older 'Burn' unit..I would think so.... it was just the way Guido worded his reply above that's making me verify weather or not the switch below on Ebay (or Sweetwater) will work w/ the Burn?

Quido "- Mojo and Mojo XT use a wiring that is not compatible with any other existing organ or rotary effect; the reason is that the same jack can accept both the dual foot-switch and the half-moon switch, and the special wiring is made to have the organ to "auto-sense" the accessory that has been plugged in when the instrument is powered on.

- The Mojo61, GSi DMC-122 and GSi Burn share the same wiring for the Half-Moon switch which, however, is not compatible with other instruments such as the Hammond/Suzuki organs, the Nords, the Ventilators, etc.; the reason is that the same jack can accept either an expression pedal or the half-moon switch (on DMC-122 and Burn), or the dual foot-switch and the half-moon switch (on the Mojo61)."

Basically I guess I'm asking if there is any difference between a Mojo61 and his reference to 'Mojo or Mojo XT' in his 1st remark!? Just being carful before I purchase!

The New Mojo/Mojo XT Rai switch as seen at Sweetwater or on Ebay for $79

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122