Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Most Cringe-Worthy Synth Sound Live

Synthoid

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A seasonal submission...

Yep. From the very first time I heard that song and cringed, I thought it was a leaked studio demo. :laugh:

Yet, that holiday song as been playing for almost 40 years now. :eek:

From Wikipedia:

"Including royalties from cover versions, it is estimated that McCartney makes $400,000 a year from this song, which puts its cumulative earnings at a little over $15 million."

That piece of Velveeta cheese of a song has brought back a lot more of its own kind. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

As some may remember, I intended to do a TRUE reggae version of the world's worst Xmas song for our compilation a few years back, but got too busy. And yes, the original from Macca and whoever else he hired for that session, is one of the most cringe-worthy of all time.

I was in an awful Hallmark card store at the time I first heard it, killing time while waiting for someone to be done at an all-woman's clothing store.

Kind of like Kennedy's assassination, no one ever forgets where they were the first time they heard that song. :-)

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Archived