Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

This cart looks pretty cool

MathOfInsects

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use a Magliner, wish I had them YEARS ago.

adb49ae8-4bf5-48cb-ac1d-0e4f757ebfc4_1.25f4db37664cc77062a0eabcae99ef0d.jpeg

I bought the longer version with heavier weight capacity. Since all my keyboards are in Anvil cases, I can pile them all on the dolly and make one trip to the stage.

I used that same model for 10 years until the past Spring when I bought this Rock n Roller cart, and Ive been very happy with it. Strong and light. The Magliner is the best, but I havent missed it.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

I fought against getting a "rock n roller" cart (the name and the fact that I figured anything for musicians was overpriced)...but finally saw a really good discount on the R-14 at Amazon. One of the best gear purchases I've ever made. When I think back to many horrible shleps I made without it I just cringe....

iRigKeys I/O + an iPad. You won't need a cart. :-)

SO true - just got a Keys 37 Pro, works with my iPad (and Mac for that matter). If I don't have to supply amplification, I can now walk in and out like a horn or clarinet player, with about the same amount of setup. Can put it on my knees if I have to and still play it.

Not to say that will replace the other gear. My 2 keys rig sits at church already setup except a couple of times a year it has to be moved. I did take the top tier off my K&M 18880 stand - older I get less I want to haul in and out, even though I have a (extended by a local welder) RockNRoller cart.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

About a year and a half ago I picked up a Karma cart, basically a Rock n Roller knockoff. I've used it for schlepping gear to gigs, and been perfectly happy with it. But for the past week I've been using it for getting my wife and myself moved into a new house, and from that I have grown to love it so much I'm on the verge of going full-on MLM-style evangelical about them. I'm pretty sure I've used it in all eight possible configurations, moving everything from a bed to bookcases to clothing to stacks of boxes. It has turned what could have been a hellish process into a totally manageable one, even for just the two of us with no outside help. Great for schlepping gear, plus a whole lot more.

I use a Magliner, wish I had them YEARS ago.

adb49ae8-4bf5-48cb-ac1d-0e4f757ebfc4_1.25f4db37664cc77062a0eabcae99ef0d.jpeg

I bought the longer version with heavier weight capacity. Since all my keyboards are in Anvil cases, I can pile them all on the dolly and make one trip to the stage.

I've had the Magliner Gemini Jr., the smaller one, since 1983, when I started subbing on the LA Raiders band at the Coliseum. The schlep from the parking lot was easily a half mile away. :o:pop:

Keeping in the spirit of Al Davis, we used to say...just roll baby. :D

The bad about the Magliner is that it doesn't break down as small as the RocknRoller, so it takes up a ton of room in your vehicle.

Archived