Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wi-Fi... a walk in the park!

I usually visit DC on business a few times each year. THIS ARTICLE describes how they are making internet access available at the National Mall. They say that they should have the entire park covered with hot spots before the end of the year.

And best of all, it will be FREE!

That's pretty cool! :thu:

If you've taken a notebook computer and surfed the web in a coffee shop or some out of the way spot, it's kinda neat.

If you're stuck in the city, and the stress & the heat & the smog are about to strangle you, but your mind is on the surf, it's now cheap and easy to take a quick trip by clonking on this BEACH CAM URL.

Maybe somebody can recommend another cam for situations like this... (e a s y guys, keep it clean!) :rolleyes::)

Is There Gas In The Car? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang. I don't have the right plug in to view that beach cam.

I'm so clueless. Last week I was in LA. Took my boys to the park to play some basketball. Parked my van by an apartment complex and pulled out my powerbook and was online. I'm clueless because I wasn't even trying. Kind of a surprise I have Airport Extreme. I never even thought about this. I was doing it so I could get all the computers in my house online. It's so cool. Went to four hotels and I could get online with all of them one way or another.

Be interested in other cams (clean stuff)

All the best,

Henry Robinett

The new Nikon digital cameras use this technology so that you can take a photograph, and it appears on the hard drive of your laptop (as long as you're within range)!! Cool, "Dick Tracy" times we live in! :thu:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

At home, I find two, sometimes three, wireless networks available (yes, I did enable encryption on mine, so hopefully I won't be hacked).

One of which is the Target store behind me, another is my downstairs neighbor/landlord, and the other one, which must depend on the direction of the wind or the phase of the moon, is not encrypted, and I don't know who it is.

I just got back from a week in Vegas at NAB. The whole Las Vegas Convention Center has just been WiFi'd. What I didn't find out until I got to the show was that their charge is $24.95 a day! Maybe $24.95 a week and I would have bit, but I trudged to the South Hall for their free eMail stations each day to check my messages.

KenRadio\'s free daily newsletter has a daily webcam pick that's always interesting - today, it's Venice, Italy .

Originally posted by Is There Gas in the Car?:

And best of all, it will be FREE!

That's pretty cool! :thu:

Er, free? Maybe for some people, but it's being funded by the tax payers somewhere along the line.

At the same time, a bunch of schools around here had their entire music programs (orchestra, choir, et. al.) outright cancelled due to lack of funds.

Our societies priorities really seem to be FUBAR sometimes...

Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBB Code Images are permitted.

Archived