Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Drum box playmate for the One

mate stubb

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had a BeatBuddy for 2 years or so now, Dave. Never had a problem with it. Much simpler than programming a computer, and sounds great. I own the entire Loop Loft library, and it is fantastic, but suited more for recording than what you seem to be looking for.

Peter Erskine in a box, well that's a tall order. I'll let you decide that for yourself.

:nopity:

I've been on the prowl for a stand alone drum box myself. I've almost pulled the trigger on the Boutique TR-08 or TR-09 just for fun, but can't quite commit to those. I have never heard of the BeatBuddy. I'm researching it now. Any other contenders?

I was on the lookout for a drum box for a while ago and then remembered: oh wait, I have an iPad!

I downloaded DM1 for about 10$ and I'm very happy with it. It comes with a lot of samples and you can import your own ones. There's effects, the possibility to line up parts so it plays as a whole song, and of course you can save your drum beats.

So if you have a tablet (of whatever make) that might be a route worth checking out.

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.

Just picked up a Digitakt a few weeks ago to use as a hardware sequencer with the added bonus of a killer drum machine. Opposite of most folk's approach I bet.

Bit of a learning curve, but is quite fantastic and fast now that I'm used to it.

I believe the 8 MIDI sequencer tracks would mate well with your ONE.

ONE is three part multi-tambral, right? You can sequence notes, chords, filters, envelopes, FX, your lighting rig, kitchen sink, etc. It would be a powerful combo.

MPC Live is an option, comes with both acoustic and electronic sounds, but is a little pricey. But with that you can do both looping and sequencing, so covers a ton of bases.

The Roland TR-8S would seem to be a great option as well.

Whoever suggested the iPad - I keep meaning to try to use it more for things of that nature. Not enough hours in the day!!!!

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

In fact, if they make Peter Erskine In A Box, please let me know.

Erskine has a series of drum apps but I haven't heard them. If you want jazzy drum grooves then drum genius is the best app I have heard, not really like a drum machine though, more like a database of grooves for practice.

Honestly, Eric, for acoustic, not analog, drums, the BeatBuddy is the way to go.....

^^^^ this! nothing more to add than already written!

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

• 2 months later...

Well, I discovered my guitar player buddy had been on the original BeatBuddy Kickstarter and had one laying around. He had never tried it because it didn't come with a power supply and he never got around to buying one.

I ponied up for the power supply, footswitch and sync cable and they showed up today. Installed the software, updated the firmware, and went to town.

So far, it does exactly what I need and seems to be a very musical addition to my arsenal.

Only now it's a playmate for the Blofeld!

Moe

---

I use a small iphone app called Drumgenius; real recording of drums pattern; well, it is far better than playing with a metronome, but have no sequencing functionalities; you just select your pattern and play.

Maurizio

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

Archived