Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Still Safe?

Geoff Grace

Dave

I am very happy to hear you are safe and you still have a place to live. I trust that your Hammond is still alive and well, and hopefully not bearing a smoky smell.

All the best to your brother Dave, our prayers have been answered.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Back home now. :wave:

..... so my phone is now my hot spot......

dB

Fortunately!!.... I am so gutted for you and everyone else affected by these awful fires and I hope & pray that the situation improves soon. . I just wish I could share some of our rain with you.

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

Definitely praying for all those suffering from the fires in CA. Also for the health of those in the area with the contamination - if we had any of that here, I'd have to leave the whole area just to stay alive, real prayer for those with COPD or other respiratory ailments.

We still have many out of home from Hurricane Florence that must completely rebuild or sell out and go elsewhere. Although my family had relatively low damage (a bit under $800 so far, but still about 100' of fence to be cut up and removed, then about 20' of new fence to put in a different place.

CA, TX, NC, SC, GA, FL, others - lots of places this year between fire, tornados, and hurricanes.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

As a very infrequent contributor but forumite that reads the forum a couple times a week for the past ten years I wanted to wish you the best and let you know how thankful I am that you and your family are safe.

Down here in Orange County we had a large fire a few years ago that came within 5 miles of our house. We were never threatened, however, as the San Diego Creek protected several homes.

I do remember the eerie feeling of waking up each morning and clearing the ash off of our patio and cars. The hazy sky with the sun barely discernible through the thick smoke was a constant reminder that others were suffering terribly.

We were advised not to go outside but just stepping out of your house for 30 seconds would be enough for anybody in their right state of mind to immediately return inside. I couldn't run, couldn't bike, and even going to the grocery store was a chore.

These are all a mere pittance compared to what your area and the Camp Fire area are going through right now. Closed roads. Closed freeways. Homes lost. 250,000 people evacuated and not allowed into their homes. The mayor of Malibu in the hospital from trying to save his house - which burned to the ground.

My thoughts are with all of you. And thank you Dave for your tireless efforts in keeping this forum running smoothly and allowing us all a safe place to discuss more than just music.

My thoughts are with all of you. And thank you Dave for your tireless efforts in keeping this forum running smoothly and allowing us all a safe place to discuss more than just music.

:thu:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

This.

“For 50 years, it was like being chained to a lunatic.”

-- Kingsley Amis on the eventual loss of his libido

This much worse than it appears. The Santa Susana Field Laboratory site burned, including the site of the meltdown of an experimental sodium-cooled nuclear reactor that melted down in 1959 and was never cleaned up. It was near Simi Valley. Google it or search YouTube.

About a third of the nuclear rods melted. The site was formerly owned by Rocketdyne and is now owned by Boeing.

Sheesh, this all sounds like something right out of Zappa's "Billy The Mountain"...

"... and, a few miles right outside of town, Billy caused a 'Oh Mein Papa' in the earth's crust, right over the secret underground dumps where they keep the pools of old poison gas, and obsolete germ bombs, just as a freak tornado cruised through, sucking up two thirds of it (suck! suck! suck!)"

Kurzweil PC3, Yamaha MOX8, Alesis Ion, Kawai K3M

Archived