Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alternatives to irig Keys io ?

Morten Olsson

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I recently got the IK iRig Midi 2(interface) and the IK Powerbridge(pwer supply). When used together you can use any midi keyboard with your iphone/ipad while simultaneously charging your device. Both of them together was about $150 so it's a big costly but i like having the option to use any controller.
Korg SV2, Nord Electro 5D, Gigperformer/lots of VSTs

The IRig I/O is a bit expensive for the hardware, but you are getting some pretty nice MAC and IoS software in the form of SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonic, Syntronik, some rack stuff and Ableton Lite, but it's a pretty good bundle of sounds and it's all mapped to the controller.

I use my Novation 49SL MKII with a lot of the same software on both MAC and iPad, but it's not nearly as well mapped as the iRig and it's a bit bigger. (I find that the Novation is a much nicer controller feel and has aftertouch, which I like but I don't have the time or patience to manually map all of this in their AutoMap software.)

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Archived