Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Chick @ 77 - still at the top of his game

Dave Ferris

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As fluid as ever; perhaps even more so. My grandmother had it to the end as well, except that her first heart attack (almost two years before the final one) permanently took away the strength for some pieces, and it was the only time I ever really saw her cry (when her hands wouldn't obey her). But I took her late-life dexterity as a good sign that if we take care of ourselves and are not dealt a blow by the gene pool, we may not "fade away", and need not fear getting old(er).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

:like::love::thu::keys::2thu::keys2::keynana::like:

what Carlo said. :)

I was unable to make it when they came to my area around the same time this was recorded. Thanks, Dave, for posting this. NPR did a fantastic job with this recording. The audio and video were both top notch. There were at least 4 cameras used. Chick is killing it at 77. Clocks roll back one hour tonight. I just might have to watch this again. :cool:

:nopity:

:like::love::thu::keys::2thu::keys2::keynana::like:

what Carlo said. :)

To elaborate a little bit... :D I saw him in trio last summer here in Rome, with Patitucci and Weckl, and they played more or less the same repertoire, including the Scarlatti Sonata in D minor. The freshness of his playing at 77 is amazing.

Archived