Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm looking for (pitch bend - mod wheels) for the the NP4...

Imagine

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are iOS apps that let you send MIDI pitch bend from the touch screen. Mod wheel is pointless on a Nord Piano, it won't do anything (e.g. there's no LFO in the keyboard for a mod wheel to control).

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Hey Scott, I don't understand. I'll be using the NP4 with Pro Tools and assorted orchestral libraries, mostly via Kontakt.

How could I include a mod wheel? I use the mod wheel quite frequently with these libraries.

Thanks!

Oh, it's for controlling external sounds, not Nord sounds, got it. iOS screen based controls are still a compact option. Or a small controller, like the Korg microKEY-25 which has a joystick. Or an old Yamaha MCS2 if you can find one. Or maybe one of the Roland Boutique modules that have pitch and mod strips.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I love this thing. It's ergonomically excellent. Leaves wheels and joysticks in the dust....

[video:youtube]X-9HhljHxnk

However it may not be right for you, because in it's natural state it sends MIDI CCs 16, 17, 18 and 19. Your daw will probably allow you reroute the CC's to pitch bend, but you could experience issues with graininess depending on the DAW and the synths used. I haven't experienced these problems but some might. It's great for soft synths.

I still use my Yamaha MCS2 to add wheels (and a breath controller) as needed, but the unit does have some midi limitations and the wheels are smaller than normal. Since there don't seem to any new products that are comparable, I would probably replace it with something small like an Impulse25, if I had to.

I love this thing. It's ergonomically excellent. Leaves wheels and joysticks in the dust....

[video:youtube]X-9HhljHxnk

However it may not be right for you, because in it's natural state it sends MIDI CCs 16, 17, 18 and 19. Your daw will probably allow you reroute the CC's to pitch bend, but you could experience issues with graininess depending on the DAW and the synths used. I haven't experienced these problems but some might. It's great for soft synths.

I've never seen that thing. WOW, I'm impressed. Do you know what the difference is between the Expressive E Touche and the Expressive E Touche SE?

Thanks!

I still use my Yamaha MCS2 to add wheels (and a breath controller) as needed, but the unit does have some midi limitations and the wheels are smaller than normal. Since there don't seem to any new products that are comparable, I would probably replace it with something small like an Impulse25, if I had to.

The Komplete Kontrol A25 is new and might do the trick. Thanks!

WOW, I'm impressed. Do you know what the difference is between the Expressive E Touche and the Expressive E Touche SE?

The SE stands for software edition.

The build quality and chassis are the same. Top notch. They both have USB MIDI outs. The regular Touche costs a bit more. It has a real wood top surface as a opposed to a black faux wood. The regular Touche also has 4 CV outs and a Din MIDI out to connect hardware synths and modular gadgets without using a computer.

Archived