Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: The humour of divorce

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see the bid was up to $750,100.00!!!? Is that a joke? It doesn't look like it. This looks like something TheWewus would be responsible for creating.

Michael Oster

F7 Sound and Vision

ReGurgiTron - maybe I should start wearing wedding dresses!

Well, with a little more than 2 hours left, the bid is down to $15,100, so I assume he found more idiots who bid without thinking, "This is real. I'm really going to owe this guy thousands if nobody outbids me." Still, I'd take $15,100 for a used, $1,200 Wedding dress! :thu:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Oh man... that's one of the funniest things I've seen in ages. I hope the guy gets hired as a sitcom writer!

Kinda reminds me of a classified ad I saw once: "Wedding dress for sale, excellent condition, worn once by mistake."

Originally posted by Curve Dominant:

That guy sounds like he went to the Mercenary Audio School of Creative Writing.

I thought that it had a familiar, self-aggrandizing tone to it. Now, I understand why.

;)

The Black Knight always triumphs!

My favorite line:

There was this one woman who wrote, "You should have covered your tattoos. People will be able to recognize you, like on Americas Most Wanted." HELLO!!! Im a guy selling a dress. Im not wanted for war crimes.

That, folks, is comedy.

- Jeff

Winning bid: US $3,850.00

Ended: Apr-28-04 15:37:01 PDT

Start time: Apr-23-04 15:37:01 PDT

History: 113 bids (US $1.00 starting bid)

Obviously, and figuring it's a real deal, the guy threw out all the chaff.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Well, it's not exactly fiction from what it sounds like. He just exaggerated or modified certain details for the sake of a good laugh/story. Which I pretty much expected was the case anyway. The basic facts seem to be true.

There's a great eBay story that was on This American Life, that I think you can listen to at This American Life . A guy wrote a good tale about his crappy router table on the eBay auction, and ended up getting a half-million hits.

Desperate Measures, 4/16/04, Episode 263, Act Three. The Router Less Taken. A man tries to unload a piece of junk he bought by selling it on eBay ... not by concealing its many terrible properties ... but by bragging about them. Which gets results. (8 minutes)

Archived