Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Apple lossless encoder?

"iTunes 4.5 is a free upgrade and adds several new features, including randomly generated Party Playlists, the ability to print CD jewel case inserts on various theme, and an Apple Lossless Encoder, to create compressed files that retain the full quality of AIFF or WAV but at half the size (though still larger than lossy compression formats such as MP3 and AAC)"

Is this codec a new thing? It's the first I've heard about it.

"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems the PC version can convert unprotected WMA files to AAC as well. Apple are really going after M$.
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

From Slashdot, I havn't tested it but it should make Craig happy:

"Additionally, the app now also features a cool track melding feature not mentioned in the heading. This makes it a lot easy to make seamless listening possible for tracks that are supposed to proceed without pausing, So now I can finally listen to classical tracks the way they are supposed to sound. Seamless and lossless. Cool."

iPods need an update for 4.5, I hope this works with them too.

Originally posted by Rog:

"iTunes 4.5 is a free upgrade and adds several new features, including randomly generated Party Playlists, the ability to print CD jewel case inserts on various theme, and an Apple Lossless Encoder, to create compressed files that retain the full quality of AIFF or WAV but at half the size (though still larger than lossy compression formats such as MP3 and AAC)"

Is this codec a new thing? It's the first I've heard about it.

Don't know what iTunes is using for this, but lossless compression to half the size has been available for a while in apps like Shorten and Monkey\'s Audio . I know Monkey's Audio has a plugin for WinAmp that will automatically decompress the files compressed in Monkey's Audio before playing it, but I haven't personally tried that part of the app.

aka riffing

Double Post music: Strip Down

http://rimspeed.com

http://loadedtheband.com

I don't think you need a copyright to generate a losless 2:1 compressed audio file, you just have to cumulate irrelevant bits for next words.

(a 16 bit audio word almost never uses 16 bit (only on fullscale peaks), and you can cumulate "unused" bits to store more words, thus compressing the file.

:) Features Are Not An Opinion. :)

(John Hope, 2003)

http://johnhope.blogspot.com/

Addresse:

UIPLPPICDSS

Ufficio Internazionale Per La Presa Per Il Culo Dei Sbruffoni Statunitensi

Att. Tua Sorella

Codice Mavapigliatelindomo

Pirla Chi Legge

<

"Additionally, the app now also features a cool track melding feature not mentioned in the heading. This makes it a lot easy to make seamless listening possible for tracks that are supposed to proceed without pausing, So now I can finally listen to classical tracks the way they are supposed to sound.>>

That makes me happy indeed!

Archived