Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

VB3 II not showing in Mainstage

Bobby Simons

(I tried to find the old thread but the Search wasnt working for me.)

So, I finally got around to downloading the demo. The stand-alone comes right up, but I cant get Mainstage to see the plugin. The GSi folder in AU Instruments just shows the old VB3 1.4. Im surely doing something wrong, but cant figure it.

Can anyone set me straight?

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it in Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components? That's where AU Plug-Ins get stored.

I downloaded the demo but I haven't tried it yet, so I'm just reaching here.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

If you're seeing the old VB3 plugin, you're either using a 32-to-64 bit bridge program or MainStage is running in 32-bit mode, in which case it will not see or load any 64-bit plugins, which I presume VB3II is.

Hmm. I am using 32 Lives.

But MS is seeing Pianoteq 6, Blue3 and SynthMaster just fine. Maybe I have to delete the old VB3?

32 Lives scans for legacy 32 bit au's and wraps them so they can be used in 64 bit hosts like MainStage. It is not the issue here.

Have you rescanned for AU's in MS? Some AU's will not appear in Logic or MS until a rescan is performed. As I understand it the issue relates to the enhanced security measures introduced from Sierra on.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

OK, this is embarrassing. It was there the whole time, just hiding in plain sight. I was looking for the plug in the existing GSi folder in my AU generators menu. I didnt happen to notice a new folder had been generated called Genuine Software. In my defense, that 3rd party pulldown menu has gotten a bit crowded. But I should have seen it.

Thank you all for your suggestions!

Archived