Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

UGH! More Surgery tomorrow (REDO!)

Damn, I have to have some cutting done on my jawbone tomorrow. I had a tooth that broke last July and because of my stem cell transplant and the ensuing meds the bone didn't heal as it should and I've been fighting infections. Living on Tylenol, other pain killers & antibiotics. I've had several cleanout sessions that didn't do any good so now I'm tied in with Loma Linda Medical Center to open things up and do a super cleanout. With their facility being a very good cancer treatment center as well as a great dental school I'll be in good hands. The concern is there may be a need to remove a couple of additional teeth too and that will suck big time.

I have a cancer charity golf tournament on Saturday and following music gig so I'm hoping to have it together by then. I've missed two of those tourneys. Once when I broke my arm and found I had cancer and the other missed due to a new job startup. Hope I don't have to miss this one too. It's too good a cause to miss. On top of that, it's a great bunch of people, great food and a super time. I usually score big time on the raffles too. :D

I'll touch bases once I get my lame self back home tomorrow afternoon.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least you're in great hands - Loma Linda has my respect and gratitude for life due to some things I've gone through with them. First rate, world class facility for both dental and oncology.

I'll be praying that everything goes smoothly and for a complete and speedy recovery.

So does this explain why Dak always sings with that cowboy-clenched-teeth grimace? :D

Seriously though,

I'll keep you in my prayers Dak.

mike

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

I'll keep you in my prayers Dak, for both a speedy recovery and to keep you from getting the rest of your teeth knocked out by getting too perky and frisky with the candy stripers too soon. :D

I just found out today that my shoulder needs carving. I won't be able to play guitar for at least a month, as my left arm will be in a sling. But Dak, man, you're fighting a much worse demon than I. Namaste, my friend.

Henry

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

Dak, I hope you get well soon!

Lot's of people in need of medical attention here. Craig, we need a new forum: The Recovery Zone, Nursers can moderate.

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Well, I'm BAAACCKKK! :D

Thanks all, for the best wishes and prayers. It always helps to have that support. Even though this was supposed to be a somewhat minor surgery, the fact that they had to put me under made me believe it was a bit more indepth and serious than a debreedment under a local, which I've had.

All in all, things went well today. The Vicodin is fine, thanks.

Traffic didn't suck too bad so I got there in plenty of time. I was in the chair for just about 90 minutes & at this time, they were able to get a real good clean up done and did not have to yank any teeth in proximity. YAY! I'll see 'me again next week and should have the biopsy results then too.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Here's to fruitful results and a speedy recovery :thu:

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Archived