Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ben Paterson - organ

Jazz+

Great sounds, had not heard of him before, born Phildelphia 1982 , pianist and organist:

[video:youtube]

Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 850 of Harry's solo piano arrangements of standards and jazz tutorials at https://www.patreon.com/HarryLikas 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came across him a few months ago after a tenor player friend of mine was raving about his version of My Shining Hour:

[video:youtube]

Very tasty, moving in thirds for each round. Wonderful playing. Didnt know he played organ too. Must check out some more of his playing.

Yamaha MODX8, Legend Live.

I like his phrasing. It doesn't seem contrived like that girl on the other thread. Good stuff!

It is night and day between the classically trained female and this young jazz minded man.

There is no comparison at all in where they are coming from. Not to mention, this fellow has a rhythm section.

But they are poles apart! Not in musicality, though , because they are both musical people.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

I like his phrasing. It doesn't seem contrived like that girl on the other thread. Good stuff!

It is night and day between the classically trained female and this young jazz minded man.

There is no comparison

Right, so why even make it? There's also no comparison between this guy and Steve Porcaro, or Barry Harris, or Arethra, or many other artists who have been referenced recently, which is why nobody bothered making one.

Archived