Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rubber chicken software

Has anyone out there used this software that converts sample data of one format (Ensoniq ASR-10 i.e.) to another (Kontakt i.e.). I would like to buy a software-based sampler and sell my ASR-10 but there's a lot of sample material I want to keep and transfer over to the new format. I guess I need to hear a few success stories before I make the purchase.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey quietcove I posted this in the KC forum but just in case...

Has anyone looked at CDXtract ?

It's not all that cheap ($139 USD) but it seems to kick ass.

Convert: CDXTRACT converts your sampler files to the most popular formats with a very high accuracy. All kind of conversions are possible, single, bulk but also CDXTRACT includes a batch converter that allows you to select your favorite programs or samples and convert them with a few mouse clicks. Unlike the other converters, CDXTRACT has no limitation of destination formats for one specific source format. All source formats can be converted to all destination formats.

I use Translator, the Giga edition. Generally satisfied, but in the race between Translator and CDXtract, sometimes one is better, sometimes the other. When I needed it, Translator had the features I needed, so that's what I went with.

Translator support is pretty good, haven't used CDXtract.

Dasher

It's all about the music. Really. I just keep telling myself that...

The Soundsmith

Archived