Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Japanese heat wave / stay funky cool, Skip !

d  halfnote

Too bad about my YT issue, I'd like to hear Weather Report with guitar. Never got around to it nor had the opportunity. And they were one of my favorites too. VERY "clean" live shows too.

And being a Michigander Kenji, I understand too well the HUMIDITY issue! ;)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too bad about my YT issue, I'd like to hear Weather Report with guitar. Never got around to it nor had the opportunity.

That is too bad but what's the dealio ?

Oughta be easy to fix. :idk

til then here's a retread for ya

The great Ralph Towner, w/WRept =

& alone =

d=halfnote

LarZ, kinda lost me w/the Sam Jackson thing but I did like how they dubbed some monitor feedback in at just passed 2 min mark....

however if we'gon'pick some fake balooze, let's go deeper.

Dial up 3:12 here.

[video:youtube]

A more authentic take on the blues of the delta might be this example of the Wolf describing the disappointment of getting the wrong type of iced tea

The say reggae was created one year when it was too warm to keep up the ska beat

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8SIUtUAtrw

Sometimes, though, being hot is cool

d=halfnote

Actually it wasn't Fake Balooze...Samuel actually sang the song in the scene and learned just enough guitar to play it in the clip and in other parts of the movie as well. I was just going for the heat wave concept and how to really make the best of one even though it wasn't in Japan... :cool:
Take care, Larryz

Actually it wasn't Fake Balooze...Samuel actually sang the song in the scene and learned just enough guitar to play it in the clip and in other parts of the movie as well.

I'll look again but 1st view seemed a bit sketchy.

I like him as an actor & what I know from the distance but personally I thought of it much the way you likely consider hip hop.

Y'know I never even heard of that film.

As G'Ma said, "Ya learn something new every day---if y'know what's good for ya !"

I was just going for the heat wave concept and how to really make the best of one even though it wasn't in Japan... :cool:

Oh, it's not just Japan.

Ouarglia, Algeria = 124 F on 7-5-18 :pop:

LA, USA (whence SGirl just to visit & flee) = 108 F on 7-6-18

--------------------------------------------

Key lyrix = "we're N 4 nasty weather"

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3eC35LoF4U

No really, chk it out !

& this too !

But not really funny, is it, if it's OUR HOUSE

d=halfnote

Ok to burning it down from the 70's:

Let's not be so hasty to move past the incredibly potent sociological message I created up there using Davey Byrne, Tim Allen & Mr James Marshall Hendrix... :cop:...but as that message abt our Mess Age sinks in I'll ask if this is what Randy Newman (the post-Ray Davies of rock) had to say to say abt

Eltron John

AND

AND

AND

AND

there's even this from one of pop's most nuanced uptown vocalists

but most spookily

[& Top Secret Bonus Track @ 225 ! ]

[w/close up of Cooder's solo only slightly obscured by Newman's noggin]

More importantly, we return to the subject of Environ-Mental destruction & our role therein

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7_6RBD4jqg

d=halfnote

"Oh, it's not just Japan.

Ouarglia, Algeria = 124 F on 7-5-18 " d

Oh yeah! The world record high temperature was right here in California in Death Valley. 134 degrees F, July 10, 1913. :crazy:

Take care, Larryz

I`m betting neither of those places have summers like Japan.

Being underdressed means, that you only have one T-shirt.

If you close your eyes and take a shower, you never know if you`re still in the shower. I`ve never visited the equator. Actually, I`ve never visited Earth 50 million years ago. I don`t know what the animal life was like. I have a pretty good idea about the weather.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Oh yeah! The world record high temperature was right here in California in Death Valley. 134 degrees F, July 10, 1913. :crazy:

Just heard on the news last night that the month of July in Death Valley was the hottest month ever recorded in human history anywhere on the planet. California, we're trendsetters here.

Scott Fraser

Not to negligize it [hey, gang---I just created a new word ! :rolleyes:] but D Valley's always been quite appropriately named.

Still, I suspect it's-a-gettin' badder'n'worse.

My sympathies. :wave:

"Everybody talks abt the weather but nobody's building domed cities, are they ?" / Halfnote von Cleeve :D

Still, part of the idea here is musical exposure & comments, not just our dying gasps before Nature's Grinning Grill.

I for one never knew Newman's off-beat song abt the Cuyahoga R. had become such a covered tune that it must be considered one of the mainstays of 20th C folk music...right ? :idk

d=halfnote

Just heard on the news last night that the month of July in Death Valley was the hottest month ever recorded in human history anywhere on the planet. California, we're trendsetters here.

When you're hot you're hot! :thu:

Take care, Larryz

Honolulu July average 88. This year high 90, low 87. I feel kinda guilty.

Things'll be hotter there abt the 3rd week of August ;)

In the meantime here's some hot music abt Hawaii

Hendrix rarity "Pali Gap"

If you've never heard this, yer in for a real treat; some of JH's best recorded work

[sorry no embed this trip :rolleyes: but still free to listen & watch!]

https://vimeo.com/204090437

:rawk:

d=halfnote

Archived