Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

StudioOne v4 released today -- major new features

I did the StudioOne v4 upgrade today (full pro edition), and it solves ALL of my problems that had rendered my v3 copy useless the past six months (it is my 3rd or 4th tier DAW after DP, Logic, and maybe Cubase, so it wasn't a big deal).

Some of the new features seem unique to the product, and though they aren't essential for those with good music theory background, they can be huge time-savers and so are worth the upgrade price (I paid $120 with various discounts).

Although there's a lot of new stuff appealing to Ableton Live users, many of the rest of us will benefit from the chord recognition feature and the harmony editing tools.

Upgrades and cross-grades don't seem punitive of how far behind you might be on your own license. Cross-grade prices are only revealed by direct email inquiry though.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I upgraded to Studio One 4.0 today. Hey, they implemented a drum editor, finally!

I cross graded from Cubase to Studio One a couple of years ago and I never looked back. Will check out the new features in the next days (and nights ;-)

I really dig this DAW.

LIFE IS SHORT, GO GET THE GEAR YOU WANT ;-)

Anyone thinking of upgrading might want to wait a couple of days as Presonus are having problems with their server deleting older versions of Studio One from people's accounts. I lost V3 when I upgraded to V4. Support is working on it. Seems to be affecting a large number of users. Just a head's up.

Oh, I thought that was on purpose, as usually an upgrade requires forfeiting an older license. Oh well, at my end it's a plus, as V3 was broken for so long, and V4 is running smoothly without issues.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Oh, I thought that was on purpose, as usually an upgrade requires forfeiting an older license. Oh well, at my end it's a plus, as V3 was broken for so long, and V4 is running smoothly without issues.

As far as I know, Presonus doesn't deactivate any license after an upgrade. Up until the the V4 fiasco, I had V1, V2 and V3 in my account and could use all 3 of them. Now v4 is added but V3 disappeared. I opened a support ticket with Presonus and it's being worked on. Many, many people complaining same thing happened to them.

V3 was a little buggy for me as well but things improved dramatically with v3.5 update.

Presonus has restored V3 to my account so I'm good to go. First time I have ever had problems with Presonus and their registration system and I've been with them since time zero V1 the day it was released. So I can't complain.

Archived